News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 12:26:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't ID my no tag 2100  (Read 10825 times)

Offline doc65

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Ogden, UT
Re: Can't ID my no tag 2100
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 02:21:24 PM »
Gronk,

I kinda like that idea for the clealiness aspect, but that'd suck(pun intended) given I have a brand new Pertronix coil & the cap/rotor/adapter combo to install already on hand.

Doc

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 02:37:17 PM »
Replacing the diaphram on the advance costs more than replacing the whole thing though.  Just sayin' from experience.  I keep several HEI's on hand in the shop so when i work on customers Jeeps andfind a blown diaphram I can jst swap the whole think over quickly and inexpensively.  Never had a customer complain once I showed them what they gained and what they saved.

You could package those extra parts and make someone a heck of a deal on the Nest and be that much closer to the HEY as well.
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline doc65

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Ogden, UT
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 07:19:25 PM »
Well it doesn't seem to be the vac adv diaphragm as I can squeeze the handle on my vac pump and get about 6 inchs and it seems to hold that, and while doing so I can watch the timing with a timing light and it changes like 4* or so.  Found several minor vac leaks, fixed those, I think, still got a serious flat spot on mild acceleration I do have that long accelerator pump, and am wondering about that, but it definitly does squirt.  I'm leaning toward the power valve...

Offline kajsdf

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 01:57:54 AM »
saw the other thread, figured i'd post here too just to be sure

i had the same problem after i did my conversion -- it is probably your vacuum advance to distributor.  inside the port on the distributor is a little allen set screw that needs to be adjusted.  my issue was that the vacuum advance was basically fully on at idle.  i forget which direction does what, you can properly set when your vac advance kicks in.  took a lot of trial and error to get it right.
1985 eagle wagon limited
now more limited...
2150 swap...tf727/np229 swap...258 megabuild in the works...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk