News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:33:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Web Site upgrade  (Read 8690 times)

Offline runsfar

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • 1986 Eagle wagon
Re: Web Site upgrade
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 03:35:29 PM »
Just logged in. The site looks great! Nice job!
I have no idea why I wanted a thirty year old car so bad, but it is finally mine.

Online Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 03:34:10 PM »
Anybody haveing any additional viewing problems?
I want to close the tech support ticket.
Thanks for your understanding.
Taylor
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 05:45:35 PM »
Just a thought. Could we get a button next to our profile pic in the lighter blue that says  new items for sale.?Otherwisise its only in the white bubble in the darker blue. I remember a time back when our previous layout confused a bunch of people. Or maybe merge the new items for sale with the unread posts button to take away confushion. I do not know the reasoning to split the two back when it was split.

Manitowoc WI

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 07:02:33 PM »
It would be nice to get the "items for sale" merged back into just the unread posts.  I think the items for sale got split out as a result of the Facebook page becoming popular but don't know that for sure.  Thanks!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 12:04:34 PM »
I think another helpful thing would be to find an easy way to include pictures.  Maybe I'm just slow and others have already figured this out, because obviously others are posting pictures.  The solutions I have seen to date include multi-step processes that involve editing the URL of the photos, or moving it to another area in the web hosting site, or ???

I know we have the ability to include attachments, but the size is limited so again there are multiple steps involved to get the photos posted.

Maybe we can get the website to allow larger photos?  Or if anybody has figured out a simple method to link to a photo hosting website so the photos actually show up and not the links, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the whining lol
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Online Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2020, 06:31:17 AM »
Another update is on the way.
Tomorrow morning (Saturday) about 6:00 eastern time the host8 g company will do a SMF upgrade fro:our current 2.0.15 to 2.0.17 this will make it more secure and bring it up to European Web standards.
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

Online Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2021, 06:09:30 PM »
I updated the SMF software today to 2.0.18 :occasion14: