News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 06, 2024, 07:37:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello from Arkansas  (Read 6286 times)

Offline ozarkrebel

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Hello from Arkansas
« on: October 29, 2011, 01:19:07 AM »
Hi, I am new to the forum and I need help!! I bought a 85 wagon about a month ago and it has become an obsession !!! This is the AMC Eagle addiction hot line, isn't it?   ;D

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
Re: Hello from Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 01:39:25 AM »
You are on the first step. Admitting you are addicted
the next step is naming your Eagle :P

Welcome.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 08:19:40 PM »
This is indeed the hot line!
Welcome.  There are a couple of us from Arkansas who are active on the forum, and a couple more who are on sometimes.
Mudpuppy is north of Russellville in the edge of the Forest, and WonderEAGLE and I are in extreme south Little Rock.
We have all succumbed to the addiction.
Where are you?
(Don't forget the pictures and lots of detail about your new ride.  Where did you find it?)
Where are
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 08:34:23 PM »
Hiya from another Arkie  ;D
Addiction (for some of us) is sometimes an understatement.  :rotfl:
We LOVE pictures.
Did you buy your Eagle here in Arkansas or did you you have to travel to get it?
Just wondering, since Eagles seem to be hard to find here. But I have seen a few here lately for sale, one of which was right down the road from me.

Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ozarkrebel

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 10:17:32 PM »
Hi Casper, I will try to post pics and details tomorrow. This forum has been a great help, the info the members have provided on this forum influenced my decision to buy the eagle.

Offline ozarkrebel

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 10:43:44 PM »
Jim and MudPuppy, I live near Pyatt, in Marion Co. it's about 140 miles due north of Little Rock. I found the Eagle listed on CL in Jonesboro, Ar. It was a 320 mile round trip to get it, but it was well worth the drive. I will try to post pics and details tomorrow.

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 12:32:03 PM »
We have a few members in MO as well.   Could there be a Southern Mini-Meet in the future?
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
86 wagon parts car

Offline ozarkrebel

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »
I bought a 1985 Eagle Wagon with a 258 and 5-speed trans. for $600 from the previous owner’s son. It was last driven in 1999 by the previous owner who passed away and has sat in a garage since. His son decided to fix up the car to drive, after he replaced the ICM, coil, magnetic pick-up, trigger wheel, cap and rotor he still couldn’t get it to fire, so he gave up and put it up for sale. I towed the car home and the next day I started checking it out to find out why it wasn’t getting any spark. When I took off the dist. cap I noticed the trigger wheel had a coating on it, so I took emery cloth and cleaned it off; then I sprayed starting fluid in the carb and she fired right up. I am in the process of changing fluids, cleaning out the gas tank, and getting rid of all unnecessary vacuum lines etc. The car is in great shape no rust and all original except front seats. I did change the wheels, got them from a 94 Grand Cherokee. This forum has already been a great help. Thank you for past favors.

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 03:26:11 PM »
Lucky so and so... That is nice. I love and hate stupid issues like that. Picked up an 1985 dodge omni charger cause the ignition tumbler was nearly 1/2 inch out of the column and not connected to the push rod... I drove it home the same day. Ended up losing my job a week later. the supervisor was the P.O. and I think he was P.O.d  :rotfl: it sat for over 2 years

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 04:44:13 PM »
That's a very nice looking wagon.   What are those things on the front bumper?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
86 wagon parts car

Offline ozarkrebel

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »
Jim, Casper is right they are from a tow bar, I had a car trailer reserved at U- Haul in Jonesboro, when I got there to pick it up they didn't have one. :banghead: so I bought a tow bar to tow it 160 miles back home. I did remove both font and rear drive shafts to be on the safe side. I was unsure of what damage may occur with the drive train if I left the drive shafts attached.

Casper, The wheels might be ford, I pulled them off a 94 Cherokee in the salvage yard, the center caps don't have jeep written on them.  ???  The tires are 30-9.50, they came with the wheels, I just put them on the car to see how they looked. I am going to put new rubber on and go with a smaller size. No lift, it just looks like it because the front is sitting on jack stands. Looks good though, I am thinking about putting a lift on it. The interior is in excellent shape, except headliner is being held up with about a hundred or so thumb tacks. The front seats have been replaced by p.o. 

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 10:32:45 AM »
Same wheels my 94 kee had.
Shown in my avy pic

Manitowoc WI

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »
Rebel, I was worried that they were for a tow bar.  We're very glad you removed the drive shafts, because damage would have occurred otherwise.
Could you get some pictures of the seats?  Were they replaced with Eagle seats or something else?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
86 wagon parts car

Prafeston

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »
Great looking Eagle. Quite the snag for $600 bucks. I'm one of the MO guys and I would totally be down for a meet up some weekend. I've already taken mine all over MO despite it having a bad idle.

Offline ozarkrebel

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »
Jim, I think the seats are from another eagle, I'll try to post some pics of the interior in the next couple of days.

Prafeston, a meet sounds good, maybe we can get up a mini-southern meet like Jim suggested.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk