News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 05, 2024, 01:49:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: splicing yellow wires  (Read 3172 times)

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
splicing yellow wires
« on: May 21, 2011, 04:24:44 PM »
I have the parts for the TFI upgrade.   I remember that some yellow wires should be cut and spliced to bypass the resistor wire but I have been unable to find specifics.
I will appreciate it if someone can give me details about exactly which wires and where they are.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline ammachine390

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 42
Re: splicing yellow wires
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 05:52:22 PM »
On top of the starter solenoid, there is a plug that has a yellow and a red wire going to it. Cut the yellow wire as close as you can to the plug, then splice it into the yellow wire that goes into the 2 wire connector of the ignition module (use the yellow wire on the harness side of the plug).

http://www.amceaglenest.com/images/Downloads/MIU.pdf

Let us know how the upgrade works out for you.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 05:56:10 PM by ammachine390 »
Dan
1981 AMC Concord DL 258 Auto

Click for Villa_Park, IL Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 05:52:45 PM »
I have the parts for the TFI upgrade.   I remember that some yellow wires should be cut and spliced to bypass the resistor wire but I have been unable to find specifics.
I will appreciate it if someone can give me details about exactly which wires and where they are.

After having just read your other new thread, I decided not to try to help you out on this one based on my memory - because I'm sure I would tell you the wrong thing :rotfl:
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline misterwakko

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 07:37:49 PM »
When I did the tfi I never removed a resister. I checked the positive wire to coil with ignition on and it read the same voltage as the battery so I never bothered lol. car ran fine.
Hope for the best,
Prepair for the worst.
It's allot easier,
when you know it's going to hurt.
1985 AMC Eagle
1977 Yahaha xs750

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk