News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 12:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jeep header  (Read 3395 times)

Offline SS eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Jeep header
« on: March 29, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »
Ok so I was just wondering do those jeep Headers that came on the Cherokees would they even fit the 258 and if any one has ever done this swap before does it increase the power any I was think instead of buy a 700$ Clifford header why not build my own using one of those headers to the sake shape as them for the cost of the header and the tubing it might take I might even buy like 3 of them then just combined them to make one And it will only cost my bout 100$!!!
"our greatest glory is not in never failing,but in getting up every time we do."-Confucius

"the definition of insanity is to do something over and over and expect a different result."-Ben Franklin

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: Jeep header
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 08:16:17 PM »
Sorry no will not work.
However I built one into a true dual.

Itwill not clear your driveshaft without serios mods and better not have manual it sits next to my slave
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 08:53:32 AM by mudkicker715 »

Manitowoc WI

biggsimmons

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 08:51:48 PM »
what kind of car are you looking at the headers for? clearance issues aside, the 4.0 header will not work on a 258 head. however i did a 4.0 head swap on my 83 258 spirit and used the stock cherokee header. the head swap is definetly worth the effort if you're interested, its not all that hard and its pretty low buck

Offline SS eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:55:01 PM »
I was looking at doing that but I thought it was alot of work but would there be any differenc between a normal head and a H.O. Head and alot People have been talking bout swapping the cam to did you do that with the swap or did you use the stock cam and I was thinking I would build the header into the true dual cause I'm going to put a exsaust system in it any way and I have an old 2 barrel card manifold off a rebel would that fit on the 4L head and if not would there be a a manifold that I could purchase???
"our greatest glory is not in never failing,but in getting up every time we do."-Confucius

"the definition of insanity is to do something over and over and expect a different result."-Ben Franklin

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »
$700 Clifford Header , heck I could sell you my new one I got from them for just over $300 and double my money.
I would check again with them, i got mine a year ago and it wasn't no $700...........it is for a 84 eagle with the 258.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk