Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Project Cars / Re: 84 sedan project (beginners luck)
« Last post by mudkicker715 on Today at 08:13:12 PM »
Looks intact though, and functional however.
« Last post by Murdoc1905 on Yesterday at 09:12:31 PM »

Look at them dirty brakes!
Under the Hood & HVAC / Re: AC will not engage idle control
« Last post by AMC of Houston on Yesterday at 12:43:44 AM »
This is a learning experience!   I think I got a clue (finally).   After wading thru more manuals, and checking my AMC parts books; I discovered that there is no A/C relay!!   Its simply the micro switch on the dash A/C control unit that triggers the compressor clutch circuit.
« Last post by marty on June 20, 2018, 11:19:42 PM »
That is part of my problem...where is the ac relay?  Can't find a pic or description of the location!
« Last post by AMC of Houston on June 20, 2018, 09:42:14 PM »
Well, I just looked thru my '83 manual, and it seems the Sol-Vac power feed circuit goes thru some other CEC stuff between the A/C compressor switch and the solenoid (thru the CEC diode assy. & idle speed relay).   Since you did the bypass, that may be why it isn't working.    So you may want to just bypass that CEC stuff, and run a wire direct from the A/C relay to the solenoid.
Fuel Systems. / Re: Fuel Tank Rubber Bumpers??
« Last post by trucker79005 on June 20, 2018, 06:45:49 PM »
Thanks! They were a booger to cut but I did that. I guess I'll see at my next stop if that was enough to let the tank vent or not.
Fuel Systems. / Re: Fuel Tank Rubber Bumpers??
« Last post by Nightpath on June 20, 2018, 04:34:21 PM »
Use old pieces of a tire. They don't compress, absorb vibration and won't rust. They're perfect. And cheap :)
« Last post by marty on June 20, 2018, 04:27:07 PM »
George,
  Thanks for the reply.  This is on the 83 Wagon.  Emissions bypass has been done on both the the 83 and 86 so the MCU is out of the pic.  The 86 engages the sol vac w ac, headlights or rear window defog.  Rear window defog is inop on the 83 but it used to work for both ac and Headlights.  In the 83 TSM, pg iJ-38 it says the holding sol is engaged if hl, ac or rwd are energized.  In the 86 TSM, pg B-301 wiring diagram, it shows separate wires fm the systems to the sole vac but doesn't show where they come from...wiring...agh!
Fuel Systems. / Fuel Tank Rubber Bumpers??
« Last post by trucker79005 on June 20, 2018, 04:15:49 PM »
So I was trying to figure out why I was building up so much pressure in my gas tank. Figured out the vent line was pinched in between the car body and the tank. 
The vent line does a bit of a U turn and points right into the indent area where the spare tire hump is and I couldn't figure out a better way.

While researching I came across a mention of rubber bumpers for the tank. Wondering if the vent line would be ok if i could install something to keep the tank off the body. Any reason why a couple pieces of heavy duty rubber floor mat wouldn't work?
« Last post by Murdoc1905 on June 19, 2018, 09:05:35 PM »
finished tightening up the bolts, somehow managed to reach them all with some ingenuity. now I just have to work on the tubes and decide if I want to rebuild the carb or just leave sleeping dogs lie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.