Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
4X4 and Driveline / Re: Sorry, I meant NP129 "False Neutral" Issue
« Last post by eagle1phanatic on Yesterday at 11:33:18 AM »
Awesome!  Thanks DAVE!  My plan is to use Amsoil ATF.  Can't do much better (if any better) than that.
« Last post by DAVE on Yesterday at 09:42:21 AM »
refill with ATF, originally they suggested motor oil but a supplement came out changing that to ATF. could be its gunked up with motor oil
« Last post by eagle1phanatic on November 19, 2017, 10:09:20 PM »
So after finding a good quality diagram (exploded view), I have a clearer understanding of how the linkage works internally.  The internal fork is obviously in place, and moving correctly, otherwise it would not successfully engage the Front Drive components as it does.  Now I'm starting to think the case might be gunked up inside, from old dirty oil, preventing a component on the main Rear Drive shaft assembly to move fully into position.  I really can't think of what else it could possibly be.  So gonna try to "flush" the TC out one of these days, then refill it with a very good high-quality lubricant.  If that doesn't fix it, I'm guessing I'll need to drop it at some point, and get inside it.  Hope it doesn't come to that.
Spirit/Concord Projects / Re: Just Bought 1982 Concord
« Last post by Whuntmore on November 19, 2017, 07:16:00 PM »
So Russ has had nothing but issues.  Running rough, stalling constantly, wire issues, etc.

there were some wire issues to the starter solenoid - those fixed... he changed the starter solenoid, but didn't screw it tight to the body, that fixed, and the same with the main ground going from the battery to the block.  that fixed.

We put the old carter back on, and minus some of the pollution gear, it seems to run much better.  I don't think the 2150 that EM supplied was set up for this attitude or something, cause it's running horrible.  I'm not really that good at setting up carbs, so we just switched it back to the carter.

So, he's just left my garage, and he's off driving home... Hopefully I'll hear that it ran fine.... fingers crossed.
Project Cars / Re: My 81 Wagon Project
« Last post by rollguy on November 19, 2017, 03:21:45 PM »
I am always impressed with the restoration you have done on these cars, thanks for sharing with us.  Keep up the good work!
« Last post by juhap on November 19, 2017, 11:56:43 AM »
Yes indeed...

I hope that this car won´t give me any unexpected experience anymore....  :rotfl:

Here is fresh paint instead of rust... though colour is the same...

I hope that tomorrow I can slip that 304 into it....
« Last post by vangremlin on November 19, 2017, 10:19:52 AM »
You're sure getting a lot of experience in rust repair!!
« Last post by juhap on November 19, 2017, 09:20:41 AM »
After a busy afternoon....

Welded...

« Last post by eagleman on November 18, 2017, 03:19:27 PM »
Keep at it you'll get er done. And by the amazing work you do it will be better then new in no time.
« Last post by juhap on November 18, 2017, 12:34:02 PM »
Started to do that little rust issue... and what happened.... You can guess... right.... more rust...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 15 queries.