News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:22:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Moved my Eagles to Texas  (Read 5215 times)

Offline Monkeyjoe

• What greater man is than one who gives his life for his friends
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
  • If you want to look common, buy a Ferrari
Moved my Eagles to Texas
« on: June 18, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »
Well, my eagles are living in a much warmer climate.  From Wyoming to Texas.  Now that i am down here in Texas, almost every day i have sombody ask me about my SX-4.  "What is that car?"  I didnt realize how few of the eagles there are down here.  Most people up north have at least seen the Eagle Wagons.  I have not taken "Gold digger" out yet, trying to keep the milage below 50k.   Looking forward to takeing both of my Eagles to some car shows.
I JUST TELL MY WIFE "SOME PEOPLE COLLECT STAMPS"
1982 AMC Eagle SX4, (Little Beast)
1983 AMC Eagle Wagon, (Gold Digger)
1992 Dodge, Cummins, 1 Ton Duelly (Big Red)
1967 International Scout 800 (Scooter)
1988 Chevy k1500
1960 Ford F100
1927 Model T, Hotrod(Daddys Girl)
1961 Willys FC150 (Scat)
1978 Honda CB750
1971 Honda CB350

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: Moved my Eagles to Texas
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 03:56:43 PM »
Oh wow, why the move? Sorry I haven't been around as much so I don't know if I've heard. Glad the Eagles made it safely to Texas!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 09:09:32 PM »
monkeyjoe is in the military so i'm guessing he was transferred there.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 10:43:11 PM »
Well, my eagles are living in a much warmer climate.  From Wyoming to Texas.  Now that i am down here in Texas, almost every day i have sombody ask me about my SX-4.  "What is that car?"  I didnt realize how few of the eagles there are down here.  Most people up north have at least seen the Eagle Wagons.

Yup, I know how you feel. Guess the Eagles didn't do so well down here, which I find kinda weird considering every one & their grandpa has a 4x4 truck. Don't see many of them at all even here in Arkansas & come to think of it not very many members here are in the south either.
Though the bf has seen 2 wagons now while he's been out (w/o me of course) & it irritates me that when I am out I never see any.
But hey, I did see a nicely restored Subaru Brat the other day! And noticed today at a shop that's had an old Nash Metro sitting out near the shop, that there is now another but nicely restored. So I've been seeing old unusuals just not the ones I really want to see but it's still been nice & refreshing.

Welcome to the South! Grab some sweet tea and sit on the porch for a spell  ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:56:13 PM by MudPuppy »
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 12:52:20 AM »
Eddie Stakes is down in Houston and he has rounded up a LOT of AMCs out at his place over the years.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk