News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:55:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 83 sx4 for sale in central mass  (Read 3201 times)

Offline rubixcubix

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
83 sx4 for sale in central mass
« on: February 25, 2015, 05:15:44 PM »
Unrestored but extremely clean 83 sx4 with strait 6 (109,00 miles) and manual trans.  Two tone blue.   Motor craft carb swap, new clutch,   new battery, entirely new ignition system, most of a new exhaust (just gotta go up and over the Axel and out the back).   

Picked up this car in November for the girlfriend, it's what she had to have.   I was amazed at how clean it was and could see its potential.   It hasn't been driven in 15 years so there were and are still a few bugs to work out.  I have gone threw everything and it's all up to snuff but the little lady is out of patience and demands it goes and that no more repairs ($) are done.   At this point I think dropping the tank and draining the ancient gas and recleaning the carb should have her running tip top.  As it is it starts right up but runs a bit rough,  hook up an axhilary tank with good gas and she is smoooooth.    The actuators for the 4wd are missing.   Other than that,  seems good.   

2,000 takes her home with you.    I'm loosing money at that cost but it sure as heck beats her sending it to the junkyard.      Call or text at 978 577 8421
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:18:45 PM by rubixcubix »

Offline maxgroup

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Re: 83 sx4 for sale in central mass
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:32:35 AM »
Any pics?

Offline runs.like

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • long trips are not yet advised.
Re: 83 sx4 for sale in central mass
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 11:02:53 AM »
Is this is the  same Sx4 listed in Fitchburg MA on Craigslist?  The CL ad says almost fully restored.
1970 Mercedes 250
1988 Eagle Wagon
1989 Chevy C1500

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk