News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 04:09:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 80 eagle  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Bobio

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
80 eagle
« on: April 10, 2020, 10:44:12 PM »
Hello , new here .. I just purchased an 1980 eagle sport . Very restoreable , runs good , body solid .. my question is where I do I start .. my main needs are bumper end caps ( old ones looked meilted / warped ).. do I keep original or mod ( a little ) on engine. Like carb and intake manifold .. so much to learn all suggestions, info greatly appreciated .. this vehicle is loaded , cruise , sun roof .. no real rust if any .. thank you ..

Offline Mitch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 11
Re: 80 eagle
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 07:23:30 AM »
Bumper end caps may be a bit hard to find. They were used only one year, (maybe a few '81's). Try putting a "Wanted" ad in the Classifieds, and maybe post on the Den's Facebook page.
IMHO...don't change or fix things until they break. If it's running good now, just enjoy it!

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 10:38:56 AM »
I agree with Mitch, if it's running good, just enjoy it.  There will be plenty of things to fix in the future lol.  These cars will never be performance monsters without a major overhaul so just drive it!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline DAVE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 08:42:11 PM »
80 eagle bumper ends will also be the same for concord’s and spirit’s of that same year may be the same for those 79 models also

Offline mo.eagles

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 08:29:59 PM »
First off check ALL the fluids, drain and replace if questionable. I did not and one very cold morning I could not get to work because water in my front diff. froze solid. Condensation is a bad thing. Also check for rust around the upper A-arms. Road grime piles up on the frame rails under the A-arms. You will want to stop any rust that may have started there. Above all wear your safety glasses and enjoy being an Eagle owner.
'85 wagon Limited   tilt wheel , cruise control
power seats ,windows and locks
rear window washer /wiper 
tach and gauge package
A/C
 '85 wagon   power windows and locks
rear window washer/wiper
factory tow package
A/C

Offline Bobio

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 12:45:58 PM »
Thanks for advice , the rust area I will check .. but still I’d like to go through the Motor possibly change to a two barrel from the single , mild isky cam to .. just little tweaks

Offline Freeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 04:08:20 AM »
There is a 1980 Eagle at a U Pick It salvage yard in Prescott Valley, Arizona with intact bumper end caps and all other 1980 specific trim. Go get it. The car had been in their yard since December and it's time is nearly done.
1984 Eagle Limited Wagon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk