News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 05, 2024, 12:40:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 84 Wagon Denver U Pull N Pay  (Read 5465 times)

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
84 Wagon Denver U Pull N Pay
« on: January 19, 2013, 02:14:28 PM »
I found an 84 Wagon in the U Pull N Pay at 68th & Broadway in Denver.  It just got out to the yard, so it was very complete.  It looked to be in pretty good shape, only 77000 miles. I pulled the hatch hinges, rear wiper, rear window washer nozzle, rear luggage area cover (or whatever its called lol), and the horn button.  I'll be listing all of those in the for sale section.  Other interesting items I left behind included the two electric remote control mirrors, and some Eagle splash guards.  I always thought the mud flaps were the old style flexible rubber ones, but these were rigid plastic, with the raised Eagle on them.  It also had a hitch but no way to get it because the car was resting on it.

Here are some pictures, please excuse the crummy quality.  Oh yeah, not sure if you can make out what they wrote on the tag for year and model:  84 Putzmobile

1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
Re: 84 Wagon Denver U Pull N Pay
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 02:20:28 PM »
Man; wish I was closer!!   Those hard-plastic mud flaps were later-year "replacement" parts, but carried the same part number as the original floppy versions!!   I'd grab those too (I have one pair of NOS ones; wish I had a whole set).
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline eagle87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »
with that low of mileage its too bad the whole cars not for sale!
2010 Ford Explorer (Red)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition (Blue)
2002 JeepGrand Cherokee Overland Edition (Silver) Rolled
2001 Cadillac Deville (Silver) Blown Engine :(
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd (Graphite) Parts Jeep
1998 GMC Safari (Blue)
1990 Mercury Sable (Red)
1987 Eagle Wagon (Beige)
1987 Eagle wagon (Silver)
1987 Eagle Wagon Limited (Brown)
1986 Eagle sedan (Blue)
1983 Eagle SX/4 Sport (Black)
1982 Concord DL (Maroon)
1968 Rebel Conv (Gold)

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 08:10:02 PM »
Do you know what condition the headlight surrounds were in?  I might have to make a trip down there tomorrow if they looked good.

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 08:18:18 PM »
Do you know what condition the headlight surrounds were in?  I might have to make a trip down there tomorrow if they looked good.

The headlight surrounds looked like they were in good shape, although the black portion was pretty faded and could stand to be repainted.  Not sure what kind of shape the headlight buckets were in, I didn't dig into those.
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 06:40:06 PM »
You must of made it there yesterday. The headlight surrounds were gone today. I flew into Denver this morning to pick up a truck from the main office and drive it back home. I made it there this afternoon and grabbed the passenger rear door, both door handles from the driver's side, the right headlight mounting panel, heater valve which looked like brand new, right marker light, right front turn signal and the knobs for the A/C controls. I also stopped by Dave's (Vangremlin) work and picked up the hatch hinges from the car. Thanks for the heads up Dave. There are some more parts that I should have grabbed but was over my budget. It has a good hood release cable, intermintent wipers, rear defrost switch and 3.08 axles. It's a shame. Besides some tears in the seats and faded paint, the car was in great shape. Not a spec of rust. Still has the original AMC Duraspark and coil.
Here's a better pic of the label the yard put on the windshield.  ::)

Poor birdie.  :crybaby:

Found the build sheet behind a door panel.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 07:30:13 PM »
It has a good hood release cable, intermintent wipers, rear defrost switch and 3.08 axles. It's a shame. Besides some tears in the seats and faded paint, the car was in great shape. Not a spec of rust. Still has the original AMC Duraspark and coil.

Glad you got the door you needed.  I saw the hood release was in good shape, but I wasn't really sure how to pull that cable out.  Any pointers - maybe I'll head back there next weekend.  Thanks.
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 07:45:09 PM »
i wish i had the money i need the rear hatch for Survivor as the one on her is bent at the top and that one is that one is the same color too. :(
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 08:02:44 PM »
If I had a wish list off of that car it would be the mirror and windshield trim. Emblems look good too.
Kammy has other issues I need to get fixed.. Has major frame rust on the right side. Can't spend money on side parts if the frame falls off from underneath..

SpreadEagle
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
Wow, that's a nice eagle!

Wish one would show up at my pick n pull someday!

Speadeagle - don't give up on yours cause of so e frame rot, I just fixed mine and it was BAD, takes some fabbing and welding but it's doable, post some pics for us on the appropriate section

I posted some pics of my frame repair in the projects section

Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 10:39:09 AM »
I made it out there on Sunday and grabbed the headlight surrounds, drivers side headlight bucket, drivers side turn signal, mudflaps, and parcel tray.

I haven't decided if I want to use the mudflaps or not.  The parcel tray would be nice to use, but my car is non a/c, so it would require some modification to make it fit, and with it in such nice condition, I would feel bad cutting into it.  Anyone have a non a/c parcel tray they want to trade?

I also noticed that the hatch release was still in tact, but had no idea how to pull it.

I though about grabbing the roof rack, but one of the pillars that holds one of the cross bars was broken.

It really was a sad sight.  I crawled underneath to take a peak, and there wasn't a spec of rust on the frame or underbody.  The only sign of rust was on the exhaust, which was pretty well gone in places.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk