News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:50:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I got my ride.  (Read 8938 times)

Offline Eagle Groupie

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Allentown, PA
Re: I got my ride.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 10:26:33 PM »

Looks like a neat car! What does it have for an engine?

2.5 strait 4 i believe.  non turbo. 

There is something to be said for not getting speeding tickets.

Offline DownwardFlame

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 11:28:01 AM »
That would be the reason to know all the back roads and make use of them when you need to play a little.  ;D
-1970 Mustang Coupe
-1982 F-150 Stepside
-1980 Eagle Wagon
-1981 Sx4

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 09:07:23 PM »
There is something to be said for not getting speeding tickets.

Not my car, and I don't know how good you can see, but the dash cluster is all funky.   The Tachometer and the Speedometer switched places, and the speedo goes up by 5's as in 5, dash, 15, dash, 25, dash, 35, dash, 45, dash, 55, dash, 65.  So it doesn't show the 60 mph mark.  My point is why would they do that, unless their point was for me to go a bit faster?  I'd guess it's either because of the age, because I know they averaged 0-55 back then, or because it's sport oriented, and they figured that design would be awesome. 

The first time I got  it up to speed, a police officer pulled out, and I could feel their eyes on me.  thankfully, I was only going 55 at the time.  about 5 minutes later a new charger wanted to play.  I figured I didn't want to get any tickets the first day, so I stayed at 45, while he sped away at 70ish. (in a 45 zone) 

Offline Eagle Groupie

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Allentown, PA
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 09:57:46 PM »
I'm not sure if that is strange with the speedometer or not. Mine only has the 20s labeled: 0, 20, 40, 60...

Your car is a looker for sure, so just remember Big Brother is watching.

What's with all these new Dodge Chargers anyway? There are three parked within a block of my house. Were they on sale?

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 10:23:58 PM »
they sure look nice, with the new face lift, and the new dodge tail lights, but In the end, they're still just chargers.  not anything special anymore.

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 08:02:47 AM »

HI    way back when that car was made the speed limit was 55 there for speedometer is in 5.s it tock some getting use to 5.s instead of 10.s .....some of you young people were still wrapped in blankest when that happened ....I've
        all ways wanted one of those cars but the money went for house hold things like back to school for the boys or a new stove or refrigerator or some thing ....Now I cant  get  In or out of that car with out help.... enough  of the old man ....the main thing is to have some fun while you are young .....don   
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk