News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: just an update.  (Read 20767 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
Re: just an update.
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 10:55:56 PM »
I wish I didn't have to, I love this maroon eagle, and I've never seen another one before. I hope I can still pick it up later. (why can't there be a reserve for craigslist cars?)   but with me starting college and stuff, I need a new car. And I'm to picky to get just some car.  but there's something about driving something that looks like a spaceship that makes a car really cool!

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 12:34:37 AM »
Maybe it is just me, but that steering wheel looks out of place compared to the rest of the dash. Are you looking at a chrysler product that says " a door is ajar"?
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 09:01:37 AM »
Yeah, I've heard the electronic voice alert would get annoying, but it's awesome to me.  only in the 80's could you get a turbo charged car with a digital dashboard, and after you start her up, Microsoft Sam tells you to buckle up.  maybe it'd be different to me if I grew up with something like that, but all I've ever seen is boring old base model Bonneville and whatnot.  and as for the steering wheel, I like it.  In my opinion, steering wheels look cooler the less it looks like a square.  part f the reason I like eagles so much, is even the un-sporty steering wheel looks sporty compared to this day and age.  I actually prefer the "bar" steering wheel to the sport ones now.

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 07:59:15 PM »
I had one of those back in the day. My wife worked at a dealership and got a demo, it was the dodge Daytona turbo, triple black

Loved to hear the turbo whine!
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline amkfken

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 09:29:21 PM »
Nice find, get on TurboDodge . com with any questions or problems, a good bunch just like the AMC Den.
There are three kinds of men;
1.) The ones that learn by reading
2.) The few who learn by observation
3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

'51 Henry J--'58 Jeep FC 170--'63 Comet Conv.--'67 Marlin
'06 Liberty(Mom's)--'96 Grand Cherokee
'83 SX/4 Sport-- 84 Dodge Rampage

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 09:48:15 PM »
Nice find, get on TurboDodge . com with any questions or problems, a good bunch just like the AMC Den.
Already ahead of you.  I don't know if they're as nice as they are here, but if anyone needs help, a forums the place to go

Offline Krico

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Keep on truckin'
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 07:43:22 PM »
I've always thought of turning my eagle into a retro techy project, even before I got it
 I drew some concepts in class, I might do some day like hooking up the reatta's "Electronic Control Center" led lighting everywhere like on my other car or just good old school incandescent bulbs, maybe even a nixie clock.
 At the moment I'm messing around with this arduino stuff trying to figure some things out and put it to use, ordered a talking alarm too by bulldog for the heck of it, still coming up with ideas to incorporate screens and my gauges,like hooking up the dials to potentiometers or just comletly converting it somehow. On my El camino when the radio went bad, i removed and put a tablet in place, like the eagle its radio and ac are mounted in a rectangular port in the center a 6x9 tablet fit best and was under 100 new i dont know about the eagle though.

just some sweet ideas regarding that sweet spaceship interior.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:44:47 PM by Krico »
Keep on truckin'

Offline Budwisr

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 08:09:53 PM »
In the video "The Unfortunate History of the Pacer" (see here)  http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=43054.0
Vince Geraci an AMC designer talks about how they wanted to use a digital LED instrument panel for the Pacer but they just hadn't been developed enough to use. Kind of an interesting fact I never heard before. Would have been very appropriate for the new modern Pacer.
Bud
 1981 SX/4
 1983 SX/4
 1987 Wrangler
 1970 AMX
 1980 Spirit AMX

Offline Krico

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Keep on truckin'
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 09:48:59 PM »
In the video "The Unfortunate History of the Pacer" (see here)  http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=43054.0
Vince Geraci an AMC designer talks about how they wanted to use a digital LED instrument panel for the Pacer but they just hadn't been developed enough to use. Kind of an interesting fact I never heard before. Would have been very appropriate for the new modern Pacer.

that would have been awesome, i wonder what the eagle would be like if they let it go on for another generation, maybe more digital displays than that clock and radio haha.
Keep on truckin'

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 08:47:18 PM »
SO if anybody knows my luck with people, you know what this is about. 
unless a miracle happens before monday, someone else is getting the laser.  It wasn't a seller related experience, just a more fortunate person.  I don't want to look for another car right now.  I'm depressed that I can't ever get a car, and looking always comes up empty, so it just makes me sad.  :'( 
I guess the one good part is I can wait for that eagle longer, but I'm tired of waiting too.  I'm tired of bumming rides, and driving problematic cars off and on.
there's a red sx4 in Milwaukee, that I guess is cool.  The funny thing is it's a sport.  What more could someone ask of an sx4, and yet I'm not interested.  I fell in love with the maroon color (I always do this) and red sx4s are so boring to me.  I started liking the sport wheel, but now the normal bar steering wheel is way cooler to me.   I don't want a red one that much.  I'll post the link below so you can tell me what you think. not that it's a bad car, it comes with all sorts of goodies too.
It's a red sport for 2000 in fair condition, with a whole new interior.  81 so it's all wheel.  I don't know really, because I can't get excited about it.  I Loved the maroon one.  I have such bad luck with people, and so little contact with this guy, that he may not even have it/not want to sell it/may be leading me on.  I wish someone on here had an sx4 nearby that I could look at.  I can trust people on here, I guarantee it. I guess I'm really just venting, and whatnot, I'm sure not everyone here wants to here my sob story.  I'm going to try to contact the maroon eagle probably, see if I can just rent a trailer/dolly and bring it in to get it finished or something, but who knows. 

Link : http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/4256384867.html

thanks for reading my post, I imagine it must sound stupid and whiny from your point of view.

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 08:56:26 PM »
I've always thought of turning my eagle into a retro techy project, even before I got it
 I drew some concepts in class, I might do some day like hooking up the reatta's "Electronic Control Center" led lighting everywhere like on my other car or just good old school incandescent bulbs, maybe even a nixie clock.
 At the moment I'm messing around with this arduino stuff trying to figure some things out and put it to use, ordered a talking alarm too by bulldog for the heck of it, still coming up with ideas to incorporate screens and my gauges,like hooking up the dials to potentiometers or just comletly converting it somehow. On my El camino when the radio went bad, i removed and put a tablet in place, like the eagle its radio and ac are mounted in a rectangular port in the center a 6x9 tablet fit best and was under 100 new i dont know about the eagle though.

just some sweet ideas regarding that sweet spaceship interior.
as much as I heard its bad, I learned about the neat Buick Riviera system.  A touch screen console in the 80's?  that's way cool.  Imagine putting that in your eagle.   I'd love to test something like  that out.  I saw a video and with the crappy sensitivity, switching from MPG to radio to trip to system monitoring  would be a pain. 
this would be cool to see, but I think of an eagle as a more classy late 70's car than an 80's car..  80's cars are all wow, look at all this new stuff! BAM, Turbo, BAM electronics!  BAM, Night rider!  yeah, the eagle had a new system (suspension and 4wd) but the styling and everything just seems more classy.  I can't imagine doing that would be weird and maybe leave it looking bad.. sure Robo-policeman is cool, but you can't say that he looked better  as a robot than a good old policeman.  (bad example?)

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 08:58:02 PM »
Ran when parked 6 years ago is not reassuring. Mine supposedly ran 4 years before I bought it. Needed a new engine! He says he has a brand new gas tank in a box, yet unless he got it a long time ago I'd guess it might be a Wagon tank and not work...so you'd want to look into that. Other than that it looks pretty nice and since it's a 4 speed it should have the sought after gearing. Interior looks pretty nice too. Exterior needs paint...soooo you could always have it painted the maroon you really want. Just saying. Price might be a bit high considering it sounds like it doesn't currently run.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2014, 09:07:20 PM »
soooo you could always have it painted the maroon you really want

I guess.  Was your painted?  I don't know if I've seen that color.  Anyway I'll call him tomorrow for more details about it.  It wasn't just the paint about the maroon one, it was the low (30k) miles, the extra parts, ext.  I'll find something out, I don't want you to have no competition when Best sx4 comes along.   ;D

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2014, 09:21:57 PM »
Hah, mine's far from the best! And my color is stuck. I believe it's called Copper Brown Metallic.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2014, 09:25:59 PM »
I'm sure there's some good ones out there, and it's probably because yours is talked about a lot lately, because your fixing it, but it's very nice, and what I immediately think of when I think of a good one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk