News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:40:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pics of your motorcycles  (Read 9336 times)

68AMXGOPAC

Re: Pics of your motorcycles
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 10:29:23 PM »
LOL - ok corrected I stand - now that it is posted , it is of just the Triple ....... geeeez.Trying to post up some of the bikes I maintain and ride, and restore etc etc, for a private collector , my full time job : ). At a mile from home and a fully set up shop, it's a dream come true......hmmm well if I can figure out how to resize them I can post them - without photobucket.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 10:32:08 PM »
Heres my road king next to my trusty old Eagle

AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 10:46:29 PM »
Nice ride Shanebo - looks like you could haul half the house on it, and be comfortable doing it,dig the color too.

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 11:13:04 PM »
Second try - some shop pics .Well once again, arghhhhhh , some of the resized ones didn't save and stayed too large.
I promise some nice Indians soon .  :-[

Prafeston

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 11:57:29 PM »
Sweet bikes man! Love the motorized bicycle!

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 07:48:48 PM »
Thanks - If I remember it is a 1958 ? Raleigh - got it att Rhinebeck show last year , tore it al down, cleaned it up, replaced the cables and got it running, took it back this year to show it off.I actually found a set of NOS engine gaskets for it on that auction site from England.

I just tore down the motor on a 37 Junior Scout today , boreing it out from a 30.50 to a 37 cu.in - doesn't sound like much but will be like night and day as far as performance when done.

Offline Lynx_Gen

• Apprenti Mekanic, pro tinkerer
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • The eagle has flowen the coop!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 02:25:50 AM »
2001 kx 100
its a little bike, and Im like 6'2" lol. I traded my 82 Honda magna street bike for it... (I thought I would love and totaly use a street bike, but the magna was more than I expected, but realy, the feel of it, just wasnt naturaly or comfortable to me.. the handle bars curved in, you sit back and like in a chair.. Im used to quads and dirt bikes, sittin on the tank, balls to the wall. leaning forward, arms out to the sides... Its a grat bike, just not for me.. and I had no interest in modding it.)

I have a 92 warrior quad, bought it, rode it for about 10-15 mins.. bolt on the camm sprocket backe off, went wobbly, ripped out a chunk of the camshaft etc. New cam (Stage 1 cam was 10$ cheaper than OEM cam, and no springs or valves etc changing,) fixed her up, got a year outta it.

Now its blowed up again. so last spring I traded the magna for the 100kx, jsut so I had something to ride.. :D

its a great bike, but after 5 rides, im already looking for that next gear, more speed. Its got lotsa jam. all done up as much as you can. so I Plan to trade the kx for a bigger bike ext spring when I get my income tax return. the problem is, I :censored: love the 2 smokers, the way they respond, te way the just "in your face go" .. but i'd also like something to run on the streets. sooo..
do i get a bigger 2 stroke, or do I get an enduro? or maybe, a street legal dirt bike, and swap in a 2 stroke engine... ? O.o

Or, there are ways to beat teh system and put a 2 stroke race dirt bike ont he street... kinda a hassle tho... lol

I think i just need to go test drive some stuff n see...

its just I do alot of trail riding more than anything, but it would be nice to jsut hop on the bike and go to the trails, or use for back n forth to work, or jsut general go whereever I want whenever I want kinda thing...

canada needs to lighten up and allow quads to be street legal like in europe etc... lol

heres a slide show vid I did a year or two ago.. the green KX is now mine, this is before I owned it.

the blue n white warrior (Quad) is mine. you can see its progression, tear down and restoration etc... if nothing else, the 2 songs are great. and theres plenty of pics of trips out on the trails and such... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48HSqVzOmjI&feature=share&list=UUFHqpLmKuKbI3vTU13N6SXA

and heres a walk around of the Magna, with one of my kids sittin on it... lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scU4az_FJNU&feature=share&list=UUFHqpLmKuKbI3vTU13N6SXA

EDIT: I got more pics etc, I just cant find em atm, need to to upload em before i can share em.. lol

Edit again: Found pics:

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:58:25 AM by Lynx_Gen »
For all your vac/emissions/computer related and such stuff, see here:
http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/list.htm

"Why fix your brakes? all they do is slow you down?"
"The nut behind the wheel is loose..."
1982 AMC Eagle wagon limited, Auto, 258, a constant work in progress... (needs tranny repaired/replaced)
1980s ish tent trailor... needs a 6" lift and re-wiring, and wiring harness fabbed for the eagle.
1986 Merkur XR4Ti, 2.3T.. Now gone, R.I.P. I have the engine, harness and ECU.. the rest donated to a good cause.. Fireman practice (they light it on fire then put it out!)
1985 Merkur XR4Ti.. the 2013 demo derby car - compact car class (hoping to find old buick skylark bumper to put on it! BAHAHAHAA!!!)
1986 Nissan 200sx, notch, 5spd, ca20e.. my toy. patiently waiting for engine swap and various mods and goodies... my little road legal go cart for auto-x and drift etc.
91 pimped out dakota sport 4x4.
95 ford ranger (with the 86 merkur turbo engine, not quite done yet.)
97 Tahoe
2001 ford windstar

92 Yamaha warrior (quad-350) engine broke, again.. >.<

2001 kawasaki KX.. WEEEEEEHAAAA! (my main toy till next spring, then its trade in with Income tax mula for a 250, but prolly gona be a dual sport, so maybe even a bigger bike... still undecided)
1982 Honda Magna 750(V45)

1980s Kawahara BMX! custom bars, gt 3spkoe rims, ORYG(Gyro), etc etc

Offline Duff51

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 07:45:42 PM »
I see there have not been any new postings but thought I would at least reply to the great pic of members bikes, nice to see two wheels to. Soon as I get a device to take pictures I will try to post some, my daily ride is a 1948 Indian Chief ride to live live to ride.
Duff

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 11:57:03 PM »
Nice Duff , would love to see a pic of it. Did you see my pics up above ? Have a 48 chief sidecar rig, but no pic posted of it.  yet : )

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 12:30:41 PM »
I see there have not been any new postings but thought I would at least reply to the great pic of members bikes, nice to see two wheels to. Soon as I get a device to take pictures I will try to post some, my daily ride is a 1948 Indian Chief ride to live live to ride.
Duff

Indian Motorcycles lives on...http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/pages/home.aspx..although apparently with a different business model than was in 1948 :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline Jurjen

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 168
  • Dutch Eagle Preservation Front
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 04:03:28 PM »
I  bought myself another motorcycle:

XJR1300 (not available in the US)
"sparrows fly in flocks, eagles fly alone"

Eagle Wagon Limited 1983, Citroen C-Crosser 2010, Triumph Bonneville 1969, Yamaha XJR1300 1999, Yamaha TX750 1973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0jpiW6tRI

Click for Leeuwarden, Netherlands Forecast" height="90" width="160

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 09:36:44 PM »
Awesome Jurgen . I just got this BMW R69S in the shop last Monday.Going through it now makeing sure it is up to par and running smooth.

Offline Smitty

• Ride Hard, You Can Rest When You Die.
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 25
    • AMC Nut
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 11:26:56 AM »
The first one is my old 77 Yammy 750 triple.  I have had this since early 90's and it is going through its second "updating" as I post this

Here is my main ride, a 2003 Harley Classic that I have owned since new.  It is the 100th anniversary model.  Skeezix and I take it every Christmas for a short ride depending on the weather.

Here it is as I was getting ready for my trip to the Dragon last summer.

Wayne & Lisa (Skeezix), Bolton Landing, NY
AMO#8454
83 Eagle Limited Wagon/ SOLD
69 Ambo coupe, 401, M12
66 Ambo 990 Wagon, 327,PW,PB,PS,posi,AM/FM,AC
2003 Harley FLHTCI, 1977 Yamaha 750 triple, 1978 GMC Royale Motorhome
2001 Cherokee,2013 Chry 200 lmtd, 2006 Pacifica

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk