News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 09:53:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle in Europe  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Dutchclog

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Eagle in Europe
« on: July 19, 2017, 03:15:24 PM »
Hi other members,

I am new on this great Eagle forum.
I live near Amsterdam,Netherlands,Europe.
I found a 82 Eagle wagon sports at a garage in Holland.Its my first Eagle and I love it.
The mechanic changed/renewed the brakes(front, rear,new brake lines,fuelline,steeringshock,all filters and oils,vacuumhoses,new front axel bolts,startingmotor and some other minor things.
The car was new exported from Canada to Switzerland (had a rust treatment overthere) and 8 years ago to NL .I am the fourth owner.The car came with complete history.previous owners spent a lot; now its my turn to keep it flying.
Its great fun cruising  around in my county; in the same time I am testing all the systems of the car before I go camping in France next week.
Ofcourse spareparts are difficult here in Europe but thats the fun and challenge of it..I have to find/order parts in US as overhere(750 million people) there are only 5 !!! eagles on the road and no junkyards.
Everyday people start talking with me about the Eagle as I go to a fuel station and want to make picture of it( unfortionally not the driver..)ha ha
I like this car a lot.
Try to post pictures soon but I am not so good in Photobucket(but will try)
Excuse my bad writing but hope you will understand.
Many greetings and thanks for my new hobby.
Peter the Clog

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
Re: Eagle in Europe
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 04:28:38 PM »
welcome to the den dutchclog you will find a lot of knowledgeable folks around here. Oh and your writing is easily understood (at least to me it is I can't speak for the others but I'm sure they can understand you too). As for pictures photobucket seems to have issues on here but I think there is a way to post them directly from your computer but I'm not sure how so I'll let those who know for sure tell how.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 06:03:34 PM »
Welcome, and can't wait to see some pictures.

We have a member on the Den whose name is Jurjen, he is also from the Netherlands.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 03:25:04 PM »
Welcome. It's great to see members from across the pond!

Check out the Eagle Map to see your other European friends!

http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=42855.0
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk