News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 12:51:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Polyurethane Lower Control Arm Bushings Match  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Beaverseagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
Polyurethane Lower Control Arm Bushings Match
« on: June 29, 2021, 02:21:35 PM »
Anyone have any luck matching up a lower control arm polyurethane bushing?  I've got an 82 SX4.

For some reason every other bushing has a polyurethane match except for the lower control arms.  I can't find anything and was wondering if someone found a match from another vehicle I could use.
82 SX4 258 w/ 2 inch lift 235 tires and TBI kit.

Offline atmafox

• Mad Engineer
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
Re: Polyurethane Lower Control Arm Bushings Match
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 06:43:35 PM »
Did you check energy suspension?
Mine:
- 1980 AMC Eagle 2dr Sedan
- 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe

Ours:
- 1986 Toyota Pickup

Hers:
- 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo
- 1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac
- 1997 Toyota RAV4 2dr 4x4

His:
- 1985 Nissan 720 Pickup Deluxe King Cab 4x4

Offline Beaverseagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 02:42:05 PM »
I did. They have everything but the lower control arm bushings.  They have some universal stuff that seems to match. if it was an exact match, I think they would have listed it for the eagle too.

I bought a set of the stock moog rubber fittings but I'd rather not have to remove the metal shell if I don't have to.  I haven't done one before and it looks like a pain in the butt.

Offline Beaverseagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 03:38:25 PM »
I used a cold chisel to get between the lip of the shell and the control arm.  Popped right out of there. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk