News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:44:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: electrical help needed  (Read 15583 times)

Offline Canoe

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 54
Re: electrical help needed
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2020, 09:16:48 AM »
Defroster switch connector

Offline Canoe

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 54
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2020, 09:29:48 AM »
cropped to make it different, 1871x2786 2.17 MB, trying again

Stereo harness slices & fault

Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

rotated image into landscape mode, trying again

stereo harness with slices and fault

Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

They're smaller in dimensions and storage than other images that were accepted. Although the system responds very quickly, I guess it's slower than it will accept. I'll try again later.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 09:36:06 AM by Canoe »

Offline Canoe

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 54
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2020, 01:47:12 PM »
tried the same file again, still wouldn't take it

trying again, with more image compression that got the file size down to 1.92 MB

stereo harness with some splices & the fault

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2020, 02:47:10 PM »
stereo harness split & fault

server won't accept this file

jpg
2118 x 2985
2.56 MB

it's smaller in dimensions and in storage size than other images it has accepted and loaded
Odd the server didn’t accept the file, being a jpg and well less than 7MB
I’ll try and get a answer from tech support on this. Seems to happen to often and I figured increasing the maximum file size would have fixed it. Obviously I was mistaken. Thanks for letting me know.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

Offline Canoe

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 54
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2020, 05:42:16 PM »
Before you raised it to 7 MB, I had to reduce the dimensions to at or under 4000x4000, and strip out the jpg EXIF info. These files are that. Plus the jpg comments stripped off too.

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2020, 08:22:27 PM »
This is the last error in today’s error log.
 “ Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow”
My guess, the server connection was just slow. Timed out maybe? The photo size seemed fine.
Not sure why it keeps doing that. I doubt I will get a answer back from tech support before Monday or Tuesday. If you want, try and send the photo to me and I can give it a should if you want.

Offline Canoe

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 54
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2020, 09:49:35 PM »
Each time the response was very fast. Well, it was fast to tell me it took too long or it couldn't do it.

And, I see that the last time, although it showed me the same error message, I can now see that uploaded file in that post.
https://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=46908.msg362383#msg362383

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2020, 06:43:59 PM »
Odd the server would do that :banghead:
From the looks of the last photo, the black wire, ground? Looks badly burned, and not from solder. The blue one also looks burned or at least way overheated.

Offline Canoe

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 54
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2020, 09:27:33 PM »
... From the looks of the last photo, the black wire, ground? Looks badly burned, and not from solder. The blue one also looks burned or at least way overheated.
Framedoctor examined it closely before it fell apart. He feels it was the black ground wire that heated and melted its insulation, and also melted the other wires close to it.

Look at the surface texture of the new ground wire, you can see the heat damage in the section closest to the ferrule where the solder wicked up the strands, then a shorter good section.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk