News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:00:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not a sighting but........  (Read 2098 times)

Offline T5258

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 14
Not a sighting but........
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:23:48 PM »
I've been wondering of late what happened to my first Eagle.  It is (or was) an 83 SX/4 Sport, black, no spoiler with the correct alloy wheels.  It's a 258 5-speed, had factory fogs, moonroof and gauge pkg.  Had split folding rear seat, so it was also a DL.  I sold it to a friend of mine when I got my Javelin, he in turn parked it  & finally sold it to someone in CT, or so he thinks...his cousin set up the deal & gave him few details....I'm wondering if anyone here either has it, or knows of it....I've put one pic I had handy, from the AMO nationals in 2000.....
1987 Eagle Limited
1985 Corvette
2009 Avalanche LT
2011 Volvo C30

remember:  no matter where you go.......there you are

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: Not a sighting but........
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 08:33:53 PM »
Very nice car.  I hope it has survived.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline T5258

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 14
Re: Not a sighting but........
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 01:57:37 PM »
Me too.....by the time it sold, there was a fair amount of rot near the steering box & other areas....it'd been parked on grass for about 5-7 years after I sold it, which really didn't help....I'm just thinking that nobody would scrap it based on the options/scarcitiy....we'll see.......
1987 Eagle Limited
1985 Corvette
2009 Avalanche LT
2011 Volvo C30

remember:  no matter where you go.......there you are

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk