News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:55:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle in the wild outside of Sandy, OR  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Euphonical

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Eagle in the wild outside of Sandy, OR
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:00:14 PM »
I have a long commute (90 miles round trip) so I get a little dazed about the last half of my drive. I saw an Eagle going west on Highway 26 while I was going east, just outside of Sandy. I was staring at the grill and didn't think anything of it - it ran through my head 'oh - hey an Eagle' WAIT - WTF!! An EAGLE!

Wish I'd been driving one of our Eagles I would've honked and waved, but a honk and wave from a woman driving a beat up, jacked up Subaru just wouldn't have been the same.

This may have been the same Eagle we saw for sale at the Hoodland fire station, before our first Eagle wagon got wiped off the face of the earth.

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
Re: Eagle in the wild outside of Sandy, OR
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 06:57:42 AM »
90 miles in  Subaru can't be easy on fuel.  I have a long drive to and from work too.  Be careful out there.  Good sighting on the Eagle.
I am what Willis was talking about.

Offline Euphonical

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Re: Eagle in the wild outside of Sandy, OR
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 09:33:33 PM »
90 miles a day in anything isn't real good on gas LOL. We're talking about getting a 2000 - 2006 Honda Insight, they get between 50 - 75mpg depending on whether it's the CVT or manual transmission.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk