News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 06:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SX4 in amusement park in PA  (Read 4618 times)

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
SX4 in amusement park in PA
« on: August 11, 2012, 07:03:19 PM »
I drove up to Knoebels Grove in Elysburg, PA today for my company picnic.  I wasn't going to drive the Eagle, since it's a 2 hour drive and I have a Saturn that gets 35mpg highway... but I had plans for later where the ol' bird would be much more suitable.  While waiting in line, I see familiar shape pull down the access road to the amusement park about 15 cars in front of me - this blue SX4.  What are the chances?  I immediately honked the horn and immediately got a wave back from the driver and his sister as they made a hard right turn and went towards the park.  I worked my way through traffic, and by the time we were at the parking lot, he was only 4 cars in front of me, and he pulled off to the side and waited so we could park side by side.  We talked  :eagle:  for about 15 minutes, walked in to the park together, then parted ways.

87 Eagle Woody Wagon "Virginia" 4.2 Auto 174k

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: SX4 in amusement park in PA
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:31:04 PM »
Very cool!  Anybody else having problems seeing the last three pictures?
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 12:27:29 AM »
Anybody else having problems seeing the last three pictures?

Nope.  Pretty cool.
I am what Willis was talking about.

Prafeston

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 12:36:30 AM »
Awesome...maybe a bit of a lift and Jeep wheels. Was he a member?

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 02:48:22 AM »
I get that is so cool. And he even has the coveted louvers.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »
Was he a member?

No, he's not a member.  He is aware of the nest though, and has checked it out before.  We may see him around sometime.
87 Eagle Woody Wagon "Virginia" 4.2 Auto 174k

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk