News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 10, 2024, 08:52:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2012 AMC Eagle dealership floor  (Read 4840 times)

Offline Eddie Stakes

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
2012 AMC Eagle dealership floor
« on: April 23, 2012, 06:33:09 PM »
Figured that would get your attention but how often if at all will you see a new AMC Eagle sitting on a former American Motors Dealership showroom floor?? In 2012??

Jimmie Vickers AMC, 535, E. Merritt Island Causeway, Merritt Island, Florida, 32952 was a longtime former Rambler, then AMC dealership. These are listed in my large AMC DEALERSHIPS file on my website at www.planethoustonamx.com under FLORIDA.

In Jim's own words: "Hey Eddie, I enjoy your site and last month or so I sent you that info about Superior AMC in Huntsville, Al. Well as a Ford Zone Manager, I travel a lot. While sitting in Chilli's over in Merritt Island, FL. I noticed an old dealership across the street. It was Jimmie Vickers. I somewhat recall Vickers from your lists. I took a few photos last night and this morming. Notice the AMC Used Car sign and the Eagle Wagon on the showrrom floor. They rent U Hauls today, sell some used vehicles, and have a very large repair and body shops."

Well, how cool is that. These photos of a former AMC dealer still flying the AMC flag high in 2012 made my day and are now in my AMC Dealerships file, thanks Jim for the sharp eye!

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/jimmie-vickers-amc-1.JPG

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/jimmie-vickers-amc-2.JPG

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/jimmie-vickers-amc-3.JPG

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/jimmie-vickers-amc-4.JPG

main AMC Dealerships file off my site:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-dealerships/am-dealers.htm
Eddie Stakes

Prafeston

Re: 2012 AMC Eagle dealership floor
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »
Well that's pretty awesome! I wonder how many miles are on that Eagle. Also, very cool website showing all the old dealerships by state!

Here are the pics so you don't have to click the links.

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:12:42 PM »
Very cool Eddie.  Thanks for sharing.

And have an egg Prafeston for posting the pictures.  Too bad I didn't read your post before I clicked on each of the links lol
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 12:30:45 PM »
I did that too Dave!  :rotfl: it was sooo worth it though. Not too often one gets to see an amc dealership in unmolested condition, that hasn't been remodeled into fifty different buisnesses through the years.....eggcellent post there Eddie.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 12:57:44 AM »
Very cool find. I clicked on all of the links before I noticed the direct pictures.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 09:48:53 PM »
Very cool! Would love to get a photo of my wagon with the AMC sign.
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline ISOAR

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »
I have to admit it.... i too clicked on all of the links.Pretty neat though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk