News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 16, 2024, 05:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Heater Control part question  (Read 1824 times)

Offline javelinman74

• javelinman74
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
    • it's a 70s thing
Heater Control part question
« on: December 22, 2011, 01:59:45 PM »
Finally got into my dash since I sold the AM/FM/CB that I sold so I am "inspired" to get caught up on things.

On the heater cabels and way to get a good grease on them?  2 of them had come off the control switch, and wondering IF there is another good way to keep the cables on the switch pegs?

Also found this plastic switch on the controls that appears to have connections for some sort of vacuum tubes?  It is broke and there were no hoses close by.  Anyone have a good one?

Just the stray one (pic) that is in the area between the dash pod and steering wheel, too short to go to this switch.

Thanks
Richard
Thanks,
Richard
[email protected]

Its an AMC thing...
      No one understands!

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
Re: Heater Control part question
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »
The vacuum switch on the heater controls for my parts car has 2 lines going into it.  One black, and one black w/purple stripe.  They're bundled together and run to the firewall between the steering column and center of the dash.  It looks like all it does is when the A/C is turned on or the temp control is turned all the way to the cold setting, it closes the heater valve under the hood to stop flow to the heater core.

87 Eagle Woody Wagon "Virginia" 4.2 Auto 174k

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk