News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: High River Show 'n' Shine  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
High River Show 'n' Shine
« on: September 26, 2011, 12:16:57 AM »
during our last meeting (AMC Chapter of Alberta) I got talked into bringing my rough looking eagle to the show and shine.

So Today I went (Sept 25th) and I have to admit that since 'Flicker' is a bit hard looking, I was embarrassed to be along side a Matador, 3-4 nice looking Javelins (2-3 were AMX Javelins), one pretty hot Gremlin, and two late 60's American's and an AMX.

What shocked me is my car (I think) got more attention then all the other cars put together.  I didn't expect that.

Anyways, several people came up to me, and said they were redoing some model of eagle (3 guys had SX/4's, Two had wagons, one guy had two wagons) and they were asking me about info, parts and the like.

I totally told them about the Eagle's nest, told them to sign up, get on, and get some conversation going.  

Now, this would have been a great time to have made up little business cards that have the Eagle's nest website.  I'm gonna install that program I have for making up business cards, and see if I can come up with something that I can pass out.

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
Re: High River Show 'n' Shine
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 12:58:28 AM »
That's good to hear. It probably helps that it's an affordable project car to pretty much everyone, and it's unique. When people generally see restored pre 1971 cars, all they can see is dollar signs.

While eagles don't appeal to most people, the people that are interested in them, can get one for a fairly decent price. It also works to their advantage that they aren't something generally targeted by the classic car project guy's, because they're from the 80s.

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 01:04:09 AM »
Sounds like a great experience.  I felt the same way the first time I took my Eagle to one of the local shows.  Have not been to a show this year, and the shows are winding down now :(
Was a regular at Cars and Coffee on Saturday mornings last year, but I have not been able to get there this year.  Too bad too, because my Eagle has changed a lot since I was last there.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 09:38:52 PM »
It was great, but I think I was too stunned to really appreciate it. 

I even had to move my own topic, 'cause I didn't realize we had a category for this sort of thing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk