News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:43:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Good Source for New Seatbelts  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Beaverseagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
Good Source for New Seatbelts
« on: October 11, 2016, 11:15:56 AM »
Does anyone have a good source for aftermarket seatbelts? I found some cheapo stuff on ebay, but would rather hear from someone that has found some nice ones.  I'd rather pay more for safety.  I don't see many options.  4 point racing harnesses don't seam realistic.

My old plastic buckles have just fallen apart. I ordered some cheapo buckles but they just don't fit correctly with the stock male piece.
82 SX4 258 w/ 2 inch lift 235 tires and TBI kit.

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
  • Ohh look, its an angry Eagle.
    • old betsy
Re: Good Source for New Seatbelts
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 04:45:57 PM »
If I'm not mistaken our seat belts are of the Gm style. I'm sure someone who makes aftermarket for Gm
(classic industries, Eckler's or Hubbard's)  has something comparable and has to meet safety standards. I would not trust some of that Chinese crap they sell on the Internet.
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline Beaverseagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 12:59:02 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 03:43:44 PM »
I was looking at these with the "starburst" logo.  It's possible that the old AMC logo could be transferred over with a dab of good glue.

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/seatbelts-and-accessories/3-pt-retractable-lap-shoulder/m.products/125/view/62
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
  • Ohh look, its an angry Eagle.
    • old betsy
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 06:10:37 AM »
Looks to be a correct fit, maybe call the company and see if they can send the buckles with no logo. It may be simpler.
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline Beaverseagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 11:43:08 AM »
I was looking at these with the "starburst" logo.  It's possible that the old AMC logo could be transferred over with a dab of good glue.

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/seatbelts-and-accessories/3-pt-retractable-lap-shoulder/m.products/125/view/62

These look nice. Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk