News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 20, 2024, 12:28:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 4.0 head swap 7120 cyclinder head info  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Demigawd

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
4.0 head swap 7120 cyclinder head info
« on: May 12, 2011, 04:10:31 PM »
Ok in the mist of my engine rebuild I ran into some trouble trying to figure out the cc or ml of the combustion chamber on the 7120 cast 4.0 jeep head now after days of research I figured id post my findings on here so everyone else dosent have to do all the searching I've done first off the 7120 cast head from 91 to 95 I beleave it is? Starts out with a cc of anywhere from 55 to 59 cc/ml and for every .006 shaved off the head you lose 1 cc/ml in the combustion chambers so mine started out with 58 cc from the junkyard I pulled it from I milled .030 off of it and it now sits at 53 cc/ml I went with flat top .040 over pistons and will be zero decking my block for a end result of 12.6:1 static compression raito great for running e85 anyone other questions gimme a pm and ill explain anything else that's needed

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk