News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 16, 2024, 01:43:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1982 Eagle Limited Wagon - Cochrane, Alberta - needs some TLC  (Read 2592 times)

AB-SX4

1982 Eagle Limited Wagon - Cochrane, Alberta - needs some TLC
« on: January 25, 2013, 07:13:14 PM »
Hi Nesters,

after much consideration I have decided to put my 82 Limited Wagon up for sale as I won't be able to fix her any time soon.

She got in an accident with the precious owner smashing some of the passenger side, but it's not too bad and we already pulled out the rocker. Doors open and close fine. I even have a rust free door from a parts car, but it's beige.
Some trim is missing.
The frame and drivetrain were unharmed. She tracks absolutely straight.

She only has 113,000 original kilometers (70,600 miles) on her and is almost rust free. The frame is in very good condition. Paint is in nice condition as well. Runs and drives nicely.

Beautiful leather interior in very good condition.
Windshield has NO cracks. Hard to find in Alberta. Factory tinted glass all around.
Manual windows, power door locks.
A/C works, but could use a recharge as it is not blowing very cold.

We put in new wheel bearings on the front less than 10,000 kms ago. Fluid in axles and transmission was changed less than 20,000 kms ago. Of course we also changed the engine oil regularly.

She has a few more issues, the biggest one being that there is oil in the rad. Might be just the rad, might be the head-gasket.
The engine runs smooth and keeps proper operating temperature. It does not overheat!
I will include a new head and manifold gasket kit in the sale, which I already bought.
Needs new muffler and tail pipe and a pitman arm for the steering linkage and one rotor has some rust on the hub, which needs to be removed.

I had intended to fully restore this Eagle, but we won't get to it for the foreseeable future, so I am offering her for sale to Eagle fans.

I'm asking $700 firm.

Photos can be seen here: http://s1017.beta.photobucket.com/user/82Eagle/library/1982%20Eagle%20Limited

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk