News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 05:45:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best places to buy rear leef spring replacements.  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Eagle1984

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Best places to buy rear leef spring replacements.
« on: October 11, 2011, 03:43:07 PM »
I own a 1984 AMC Eagle 4 door sedan that the rear passenger leaf spring has gone bad. My mechanic told my the measurements and I was wondering what places people would recommend to get replacements.

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: Best places to buy rear leef spring replacements.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 03:52:21 PM »
I would reuse the main spring and get cherokee leafs to add or replace. I basically did that. Except I used ranger leafs. Its pretty straight forward to do.

Manitowoc WI

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 04:54:31 PM »
There is a brand new set of 2 "cherokee" springs (4 pach springs vs. 3 pack) listed on FeeBay for $199 fee shiping.  Tis will also provide lift in the rear of your Eagle.  Probably want to spend another $20 on some good 2-3deg wedges.
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline Eagle1984

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 06:38:49 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion but I was hopping to keep it stock/looking. I do not think I could re-use the leaf spring as my mechanic said it is broken. How would I attack Cherokee springs? It is the part that is four flat pieces of metal about 2.5 inches wide attached on top of each other.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:41:48 PM by Eagle1984 »

Offline John Galt

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 01:14:11 PM »
This place seems like a reasonable place:

http://www.stengelbros.com/

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 11:59:32 PM »
x2 on stengelbros, got their extra HD leafs on my 84, rides well, and gives about an inch of lift. good luck, gz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk