News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:16:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: headers  (Read 8385 times)

Offline projectscreamineagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
headers
« on: April 27, 2011, 10:23:02 AM »
I just got off the phone with clifford performance i had to order the gasket spacer for my header now that i got motors swaped overn he told me to let yall know that they still have headers avalible.

Offline shaggimo

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
Re: headers
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »
Are these for the 258 head or the 4.0 head?
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:27:17 PM »
I got the 258 head and it bolted right up the only thin i had to do was a some quick file work on the intake by the back dowel pin.  Not sure if it will work on the 4.0 head but it wouldent be that difficult to make it work

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »
hmm, may be something to think about...
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 02:10:45 PM »
They were well worth the price im on my mobile phone or id post the you tube link search amc eagle start2 posted by tuesdaythe26 thats my old bird. .. May she rust in piece... With the open header and there is another after i got the rest of the exhaust hooked up

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 01:36:25 PM »
They made these especially for us and the fitment is pretty good from what I hear.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline j2sax

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 11:30:59 PM »
How much?  Part number?  Just want to make sure I look at the right one!  Would really be interested to see if anyone else had used with a 4.0 head. 

Thanks,

Jesse

Offline projectscreamingeagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 03:06:00 AM »
well for some reason i have two profiles.... but if i remember correctly i think i paid 350 for mine all i can really say is to call clifford and ask the experts lol now that im actually on my laptop i can post some links and i think i have a pic somwhare of the header
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIsWiLjHyCQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMZYxkIOLTs&feature=related
the second video you gotta fast foward to 3:10 my dad revs it for me

with his claws bearing the screaming eagle will prevale
im not buyist i own an AMC
'is that suppose to go there' - class mate 'I don know... we'll find out' -me

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 07:06:37 AM »
Mine is still in it's box  :'( . So you had no issues with clearance anywheres ?? What is the gasket spacer you mentioned ?? Is this for your wagon ?? I was wondering if it would fit on my SX/4 , but I had bought it for the wagon.....

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 02:51:25 AM »
all gaskets were in the box its a pretty thick one i don have it in front of me but id have to guess its pushin half  inch mine is in a waggon but everthing should be the same in a sx4 i remmeber reading somthing somplace about clearance issues with a manual trans but it was a real simple fix. its real tight i mean REAL tight down by the motor mounts and front drive shaft. the collector pops out about a inch or 2 below the drive shaft. and i had to do some file work on the intake. i had some clearance issues around the back dowel again real simple fix. one of the upper intake bolts didnt fit quite right so i had to file the notch out to make the bolt go in straight and the little circle on the intake that fits on the dowel hit the header flange so i nipped it off flush and torqued everything to 35 ft lbs (i think thats spec and way)

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 09:09:21 AM »
Sweet video man, that thing sounds awesome!! Nice job !The engine looks great too.

Offline demonicdragon

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • its cool cause you say its cool
    • My Cardomain site for my 85 Eagle
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 12:16:10 PM »
I wasnt sure if u were still working on ur eagle anymore

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 01:43:53 PM »
Wow 3 NY'rs in the same post , we just might be takeing over !!

wagoneerhauler

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 01:50:14 PM »
Shh, you're not supposed to tell!   :P

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 02:02:55 PM »
lol 3 of us eh? lol whats bad is one of them was there when i got my parts back from the macineist and even came by the motorsports shop during the build lol im in new mexico now. new york is what killed my blue eagle lol ill post pics here soon of the new car wait till you see the difference

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 02:57:51 PM »
where abouts in NM ? I might be heading out to Gallisteo and Albequrqe in the near future for a week or two.I used to do Albequerqe every fall for a week.I love that crazy tram that brings you up to top of Sandia Crest , like 13,000 ft. if I remember.

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 03:05:01 AM »
im in clovis. right on the texas new mexico border. 3 hours east of ABQ. one of our former members is out that way though. remember plaything? i think ABQcarl is out there too.

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 01:47:07 PM »
Doing a EFI swap among other things and headers would be the cherry on top.
I know Clifford makes them...kinda.

I called 3 weeks ago and asked them. They say they had them being made and would be available in 3 weeks.
Called again and they had no clue. I reminded them and they tried to tell me they are ugly headers and "eh" essentially.

I showed interest again and they said give them 3 weeks and they will make a run. Didnt sound too happy about it but Ill be calling back in 3 weeks.

Just a heads up on headers for the Eagle.

If you've been wanting a pair now is maybe the last time. Call and ask! lets get some Eagle headers in the world!

http://www.shop.cliffordperformance.net/57-0430-AMC-EAGLE-HEADERS-57-0430.htm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk