News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 18, 2024, 02:52:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 80 Eagle  (Read 5362 times)

eaglesx4

80 Eagle
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:51:11 AM »
My brother said he saw an Eagle in a repair yard.  I went by today and there is an 80 Eagle 4dr sedan, straight body, complete vinyl rood but cracked everything on the outside seems to be there minus two wheel covers.  I could not look inside.  License plate was last registered in 94.  I will go by Monday for more info.  It is the reddish brown color.  It has been parked a long time as the tires are sunk in the mud

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
Re: 80 Eagle
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 11:52:18 AM »
An Eagle begging to be saved!

A good candidate it sounds like too.
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 02:43:02 PM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya, in hoping there's no serious rot.

eaglesx4

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 12:38:18 PM »
Checked on the 80 Eagle.  It is a one owner garaged kept.  The man died in 94 and the family parked it with the repair shop them.  It has a little over 60k miles on it.  He said he would contact the daughter and see if she wants to sell it.  He asked what I wanted it for and I told him that depends on what we find when we put it on a lift.  There were no known issues when parked.  Should know something next week.

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 01:51:17 PM »
Checked on the 80 Eagle.  It is a one owner garaged kept.  The man died in 94 and the family parked it with the repair shop them.  It has a little over 60k miles on it.  He said he would contact the daughter and see if she wants to sell it.  He asked what I wanted it for and I told him that depends on what we find when we put it on a lift.  There were no known issues when parked.  Should know something next week.
Great! Hope it works out for you!
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 03:46:13 PM »
Up on the lift will tell the story.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

eaglesx4

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 02:19:01 PM »
Checked on the 80 Eagle again today, he has not contacted the owner and wants to know how much I'm willing to pay for the car.  I think the run around is going on here.  Give him one more week

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
Too bad you can't get ahold of the daughter directly...

You probably already know this, but (just in case) check the outside where those 'opera' windows are, they are prone to rot, if they are good, and the underside is good, the car will start and drive under it's own power, and the interior is in pretty good shape, then it would be worth it.

The downside is, it hasn't been driven for over 16 years.  That's a long time even for an eagle.  There's probably seals that will have to be replaced, but if you're planning to do any kind of drivetrain work, then it's probably worth it (??)

I hate to name a price, but I would consider up to $1000 for the car (if all that is good) to be worth it.  Maybe offer her like $500, and see where it goes from there?

Just a suggestion...

eaglesx4

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »
I think you hit it on the head, that was what I thought for a price.  I appreciate your input

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 06:41:33 PM »
No problem, and Good luck with getting the car at a good price.

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 08:54:48 PM »
personally i wouldn't offer more than $250 to $300 for something that has sat for that long. especially one when it has been sitting out in the elements the entire time. but that's just my two cents.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

eaglesx4

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 11:50:41 PM »
You have a good point, but I think they are worth about 450 from the people who run the crusher around here unless prices have fallen in the last couple of weeks.  I have not checked.  My tech has some cars hauled to the crusher and that was about what he averaged on them.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 01:28:27 AM »
I always start out $50.00 above salvage value and bargain from there.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 04:41:02 PM »
Don't want to sound like a smart a-- but its probably worth what one is willing to pay for it. Believe I would try to find the owner and talk directly to her instead of going through a second party,Who knows he may jack the price up so he makes a little to esp if he knows you really want it. Not saying he would do that but stranger thinks have happened.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk