News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 26, 2024, 03:31:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: For Sale 86 Base Wagon  (Read 2959 times)

Offline jtvette

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
For Sale 86 Base Wagon
« on: December 03, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »
I am selling an 1986 Eagle wagon. It is the base model. It is also a Canadian built car.
Body is in good shape just a few dents here and there. The engine runs very well and has around 100K on it.
I just put a Gronk carb on it and an ignition upgrade to the stealth HEI system.
The reason I am selling this car is because I am out of option for fixing it. It has something wrong with the transmission. Every time you put it in gear it just stalls the motor. I have replaced the torque  converter as that was my thought as to the problem. The engine makes good vacuum and does not have any leaks. I have redone the vacuum lines already so I know there are no leaks there. I would think a trans rebuild would fix the problem and it would be a great car again. I just don't have the skills or a place to really do this, and a shop would charge me way more than the car is worth.
Sorry about the long post here.
My asking price is $1000. O.B.O
I did just put new tires on it and have a full set of brakes for the car that go with it.
I  will try and get some photos up in a little while. I hate to sell it but with winter here I just can't keep it.
If you have any questions just ask and I will try to answer.
I should add the car is located in Waupun WI and I am not able to deliver.

Thanks,
               Joe

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:43:11 PM by jtvette »

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk