News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 26, 2024, 02:05:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: what's it worth  (Read 11590 times)

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
Re: what's it worth
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 02:04:13 PM »
the motor is complete only had 35000km on it when rear main seal started to leaksoaked the soaked the clutch disc. the rear main was replaced and a oem clutch disc and pressure plate come with it.it has been stored inside since the day it was new . and I'm not worried about paying to much he is giving me the car (wants it out of the garage,if i don't take it it's going for scrape) I'm looking for what it might be worth on open market so i can give him enough to cover karma

You said 35000km so I assume you're in Canada.  Where, exactly?

If he's willing to let it go for scrap (next to nothing), then I'd say $400 or $500 should be plenty for a "karma payment".
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline spdfreq

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 02:08:48 PM »
El Matador i'm in portage la prairie manitoba but the car is in winnipeg

Offline shaggimo

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 02:10:20 PM »
the motor is complete only had 35000km on it when rear main seal started to leaksoaked the soaked the clutch disc. the rear main was replaced and a oem clutch disc and pressure plate come with it.it has been stored inside since the day it was new . and I'm not worried about paying to much he is giving me the car (wants it out of the garage,if i don't take it it's going for scrape) I'm looking for what it might be worth on open market so i can give him enough to cover karma

Holy Crap!!!  that's is a deal, as far as covering karma  ???  A second hand goes further than money at times.....
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 02:12:02 PM »
I must be missing somthing why was it pulled apart so young

Manitowoc WI

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 02:12:43 PM »
You said 35000km so I assume you're in Canada.  Where, exactly?

If he's willing to let it go for scrap (next to nothing), then I'd say $400 or $500 should be plenty for a "karma payment".

Yes, if you're looking for what it'll go for on the open market, a car that isn't running brings very little.  Someone here recently had a 2 door sedan with an excellent body and interior but poor motor, no one wanted to give him the $1200 he was asking which I felt was a good buy.  I'm not one to squeeze people for every last penny, I've given people more than the asking price on things I've felt were a good deal.

If its in the kind of shape you say its in, even though he's willing to accept a few hundred for scrap I'd feel pretty sleazy if I gave him less than $1000.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:17:55 PM by priya »

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 03:47:03 PM »
So I wonder if he feels like he is looking at a roulette wheel yet , or if he is on "the Price is Right" show.

Offline HappyPappy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 03:53:46 PM »
If iy's free and you don't take it, you should have you butt kicked  !!  LOL

Offline spdfreq

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 04:36:35 PM »
first no one needs to worry about this car going for scrap I've been try to get it since i got my drivers licence(in 94) and its been in the same spot ever since.i have to agree with  Priya less then 1000 would not be right.  i offered his dad 2500 in 94 he said no so i bought a 72 chevelle hot roded the heck out of it crashed it a couple of time, would have done the same thing to the eagle, kind glad i had time to mature be for this gem was dropped in my lap. still want to hot rod the heck out of it but fighting the urge(also know where a killer 401 is lol) every day.thanks for the help at least i now have people to ask questions to when i run in to trouble getting her back toghter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk