The Shop > Under the Hood & HVAC

What are these two?

(1/2) > >>

win32exe:
what are these two electrical items on the fender wall? i know the starter relay, but what are the other two square relays?

win32exe:
i think i figured out that the larger of the two is the horn relay, can someone confirm, maybe ill just go pull it and see if the horn stops working, but what is the smaller one and also what is this sensor on top of the intake manifold?

amcfool1:
hi, yes the large one is the horn relay. The small one is, I think, the relay for the manifold preheater, not 100% sure on that. On the manifold, thats the knock sensor. If your CeC system is working, its important to have. good luck,  gz

win32exe:
thank you, i swapped out my carb and distro, no computer anymore.

thx again

henry

win32exe:
a little info on this subject please, i want to swap out my oil pressure light for a mechanical oil pressure gauge, where is the best place to get oil pressure from?

is the wire\sensor on the rear of the cyl head the idiot light? is that where i should get my oil pressure from?

what is the ?sensor? near the starter? is that the oil pressure switch?

also does the intake preheater system need the computer (ecm) to work? or just the relay and wiring to the manifold? how can i test that system for functionality? i removed my computer.

Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version