News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:49:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installing Crusie Control On 88...  (Read 2400 times)

AMCEagleNut88

Installing Crusie Control On 88...
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:38:29 PM »
:amc: Bought the cruise control lever and I'm actually not too sure where to go from there. From my understanding the 88 were just the "Plain Jane" Eagles with really no options. I'm not sure if that's correct but I'm sure that's somewhere in the ballpark. What is required to hook this bad boy up? Anything under the hood like a servo cable or module? I could really use some help with this... Thanks. Kristofer :amc:

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: Installing Crusie Control On 88...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 09:25:51 PM »
'88 Eagles could be optioned out like Eagles from any other year.  The '88's had a few more standard features not found earlier but not the heavily optioned cars like the myth makers try to tell us.   You need a whole lot more than the handle.  There is a control module that goes under the dash, and the actual mechanisms under the hood and whole lot of wiring and vacuum lines plus a dedicated vacuum reservoir to make your late 70's technology work.  You are better off getting a modern, much more reliable setup for a non computerized, carbureted car than trying to use the OE stuff.  You will thank yourself in the future.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Baskinator

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • Limerick, PA
1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (Work In Progress)

Photobucket Album: http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff479/Baskinator/

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: Installing Crusie Control On 88...
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 12:42:54 PM »
Looks like it could.  Magnets included, is good.  Worth the money to eliminate the hassle of trying to get 40 year old technology to work with 40 year old parts.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk