News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:54:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New member saying "hi".  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Freeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
New member saying "hi".
« on: December 30, 2019, 03:30:59 AM »
Hey, folks. I am not new to AMC at all, but I am relatively new to Eagles. A 1984 Eagle Limited wagon was given to me in 2015 by a college student who was starting a new job and couldn't take it with him. The rear axle was mostly destroyed so I couldn't drive it and being in college "out of state" myself, I had no time to fix it. I got around to it after I graduated, doing a partial restoration to it, and I've been driving it around for a little over a year since. I keep working at it and making it nicer as I go. I don't exactly daily drive it, but it is part of my rotating driver fleet of AMC's. I ADORE the Eagle. I've wanted a cushy luxury car for along time. Originally I wanted a Continental or Imperial, but an Eagle Limited will do. It's the only Eagle I've seen with a power retractable sunroof, though it was dealer-installed and not factory. I saw many wonderful Eagles a few years ago when I was a volunteer at the Rambler Ranch Museum in Colorado where there are nearly 100 Eagles ranging from four cylinder Kammbacks to Sundancers and even one of the turbo Diesel Eagles.

You can actually read about my Eagle in the February edition of Hemmings Classic Car Magazine that is shipping out to subscribers right now.

Sadly, my lovely Eagle hit a deer at nearly 60 miles per hour right before Christmas. Dead center in the grill. Took out the grill, all the headlights, my NOS fog lights (I was super :censored: about that), condenser, radiator, fan, grill, and the hood. I am in the process of fixing it now and have nearly all the parts I need.

I was at the U-Pick-It in Prescott Valley, Arizona a few days ago getting parts to fix my Eagle. They have two Eagles there: a 1980 coupe and a 1985 wagon. Both have many great parts. The 1980 coupe is particularly nice. I have the grill from it that I want to sell to somebody in need of a 1980 grill. I hope people from this forum will read this and go get as many parts off those cars as possible.
1984 Eagle Limited Wagon

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: New member saying "hi".
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 02:31:53 PM »
Welcome to the Den!  Sorry to hear about the damage to your Eagle but it sounds like you are well on your way to getting it all repaired.

I may have met you when you volunteered at the Rambler Ranch as I live just outside of Denver and have visited there often.  Words don't do that place justice, you have to experience it in person to truly appreciate it, especially when Terry serves as your tour guide.

Good luck getting you Eagle back on the road soon!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Freeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 03:03:31 AM »
It's all fixed now. Can't even tell it happened. In fact, the newly painted hood looks better than the old one did.
1984 Eagle Limited Wagon

Offline rmick

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 40
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 05:23:34 PM »
 :hello2: :occasion14: Glad to see her all fixed back up.
72 Javelin AMX
72 Javelin SST
72 Gremlin with 4.0
81 SX 4

Online Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 08:55:01 PM »
Congratulations on the repairs. A deer can do a lot of damage.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk