News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 04, 2024, 08:35:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Neighbor remembers my car.  (Read 10393 times)

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Neighbor remembers my car.
« on: November 10, 2010, 01:27:27 PM »
The other day when I brought my car home, my next door neighbor had come over too ask something and noticed my Eagle Sedan and to my surprised remembered what make and model it was and even said he remembered when AMC first came out with them and the concord, what are the chances of that happening.
Eagles never die.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: Neighbor remembers my car.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 02:36:18 PM »
Decreasing as time goes by.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline iAMCheap

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 13
  • A birdsong shatters the still
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 03:33:47 PM »
If he is old enough to remember, then the chances of remembering are very slim.
The blizzard goes on but still they must fly.
No one should go Where EAGLES Dare!
       TONY
 Glen Rock, PA

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 06:28:45 PM »
I was going to add something along that line too.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 08:21:02 PM »
Today on my way to class at college I was walking behind a Guy when one of the fellow students drove by in this little tuner and gunned it, to my surprise the kid in front of me responded by yelling that the thing sounded horrible and was a piece of junk. We got to talking and He said that He was not a fan of imports and American classics and muscle. I then showed him the picture I have of the Eagle and he new what it was even that is was the first crossover and what sized engine it had, he mentioned that he was a fan of AMC and Jeeps. He has a 1987 or 6 can not remember what year, Jeep. That is also a surprise seeing as he is also probably in his early 20's. He even does all the work he can on his Jeep, He even asked me if I would call him when I drive the Eagle to college so he could have a look at it, his friend was with him so we both told him about Eagles. Nice to see some of my generation are not all into tuners and having lift kits with big spinners, actually appreciate American Muscle, love to race those tuners off the line with my Camero, the looks on there faces, plus mine is stock.
Eagles never die.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »
Another intelligent and well educated younger person.  I am glad you had a chance to visit with him Brandon.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »
Nice to see some of my generation are not all into tuners and having lift kits with big spinners, actually appreciate American Muscle, love to race those tuners off the line with my CamAro, the looks on there faces, plus mine is stock.

I'm 23 and I'm not into them.
Although some of they can be pretty quick, but the majority are just big rims and a wing.
Domestic's can be just as bad though. There's a lot of Cavaliers / cobalts / V6 Mustangs / V6 Camaros around here, same thing.. stock or just a CAI and exhaust and they fly around like it's 500HP and try to race everything in sight.

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 08:36:47 PM »
Another intelligent and well educated younger person.  I am glad you had a chance to visit with him Brandon.

Sorry but you must have me confused with someone Else. My name is Tristin
Eagles never die.

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 08:39:42 PM »
Nice to see some of my generation are not all into tuners and having lift kits with big spinners, actually appreciate American Muscle, love to race those tuners off the line with my CamAro, the looks on there faces, plus mine is stock.

I'm 23 and I'm not into them.
Although some of they can be pretty quick, but the majority are just big rims and a wing.
Domestic's can be just as bad though. There's a lot of Cavaliers / cobalts / V6 Mustangs / V6 Camaros around here, same thing.. stock or just a CAI and exhaust and they fly around like it's 500HP and try to race everything in sight.

My camero happens to be a V6, All I have done is put a duel exhaust on it and a cold air intake for better fuel millage, I can see the point of speeding of the line, but have never understood the point of speeding. It just makes you look like a :censored: who can not follow the speed limit, and the other hand I am always the one getting passed on the Highway.
Eagles never die.

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 08:46:48 PM »
I didn't really mean offense by it.
They're just not fast in stock form..I have seen some quick turbo 3.8's though, so with work they can be made quick.

There's a lot of people who pick up 6 cyl 4th gens around here and put bodykits and rims on them, I went to highschool with a guy who has a 95 Camaro RS, and it ran about 15.9 on a good day with an intake and exhaust, but he would brag how it would run with corvettes and how no import would touch him... then he got his  :censored: handed to him by a Supra which finally shut him up.. lol.. but he was the epitome of a asian, just driving a domestic.

Just remember, any car can be made fast. ;)

I edited my post, it came off kind of mean without meaning to.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:23:15 PM by Sunny »

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 09:01:28 PM »

Sorry but you must have me confused with someone Else. My name is Tristin

Sorry about that Tristian.  I was not paying full attention.  So, good for you for meeting another AMC'er and sharing with them.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline iAMCheap

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 13
  • A birdsong shatters the still
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 06:09:04 PM »
I think the Iron Duke in my Spirit was also used in early 80's Camaros.
Just another reason for me to hate GM.
The blizzard goes on but still they must fly.
No one should go Where EAGLES Dare!
       TONY
 Glen Rock, PA

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 11:19:21 PM »
complimented some one on there car today and asked them if they know what mine was, they did in a way, they thought it was a 1976. Must have been thinking concord.
Eagles never die.

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 12:10:38 PM »
Today I have three people comment on the car, one ask what it was and if it was 4 wheel drive seeing as it sits higher then most sedans, Second person was when I park it a college and a kid with a jacked up Explorer ask what it was and said it looked cool, did know it was a AMC though, then I had a professor walk by and complemented me on what good shape it was in, was really impressed with the Eagle.
Eagles never die.

Offline maximus7001

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • Winnipeg, Canada
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 05:40:32 AM »
Not a day goes by that somebody says something about the 85 wagon. Just today while parked beside a 07 or so hemi charger wagon some old guy said to me on my way out that it was shame that chrysler ripped off the look of an Eagle for the body style of that dodge, I was shocked to say the least because that was exactly what I was thinking as I was heading into the mall.

As far as american muscle goes, I had a 75 Nova 4 door 9c1 interceptor(major sleeper) that made olot of $ from racing those rice burners, That car went 135mph (very scarey) they laughed but cried in the end. Those were the days. It was stolen probably by one of those Asian Origin Car Owners to end the domination. Never saw it again.

Max.

Edit: The new filter changed my post to say Asain Origin Car Owners instead of r i c e r s.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:12:14 AM by maximus7001 »
1968 Javelin SST 290
1981 Concord DL sedan, vintage red metallic (now parts car)
1985 Eagle wagon, same colour as the concord (project car/daily driver)
1997 GMC Safari SLT AWD (full time 4x4) G-80 LSD

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 08:46:05 PM »
Had two more friends from college ask about the car and compliment me on it. Both were in the car when we were hanging out and one made the comment that it reminded him of that 70's show, then there theme song started on the radio. Still get questions often about the car. So far just in my small town I have had a dozen people at least say they remember the car and wished they had bought one when they had the chance.
Eagles never die.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk