News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 19, 2024, 07:57:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Sx/4  (Read 3779 times)

Offline whiteeaglesx4

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
My Sx/4
« on: June 05, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »
Hey Guys, its been a while....again, ive been busy playin baseball and working on the Sx/4 etc. im glad to say that the car is ready to be licensed after i get some interior work done. i'll post pics when i can, probably tommorow. and i need tranny lines if any one has any to spare.

Offline whiteeaglesx4

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: My Sx/4
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 07:47:59 PM »
ya i got this one from a local wrecking yard for 300 for my high school auto class.

that last one is my racecar

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 08:41:11 PM »
Nice save!
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline whiteeaglesx4

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 10:23:49 PM »
ive had it for a few years now, i finally got done rebuilding the engine.

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 11:56:59 PM »
very nice looking (the race car at the end made me look twice) ;D
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Mechanic

• "This is gona be expensive....."
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 53
  • Which project to start first....
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 02:20:21 AM »
nice to see your still around. What else has to be done to it?? What's your plans for the interior??
2000 Toyota 4runner 221,000 k's (DD)
1997 Chevy S10 180,000 k's (Project car)
1988 Mazda RX-7 248,000 k's (For Sale)
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon 192,000 k's (Project car)
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4 65,000 k's (Restoration Project)
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4 140,000 k's (Trail build)
1981 Chevy Camaro Burlineta 134,000 K's (Performance build)
1977 Ford F350 Dually with dump (farm truck project)

Offline whiteeaglesx4

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »
my dad and i are planning on cleaning the carpet and fixing the dash because none of the instruments are working. then the only thing i need is new tranny lines, if any one has any to spare, i would be intrested in buying them.

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 12:10:16 PM »
the carpets can be bought for our sx4's in the entire kit or pieces from i think its acc. i have the link somewhere. (im on the new laptop and dont have it here, its on the old one) i bought one from them for my first sx4. it fits well, but there are issues i can talk you thru if you go buy one. im going to get another one from them some day soon for my 2nd sx4. that one will be easier as i know what to do, and how lay it out better. good luck.

I bought the SX/4 specific carpet from Stock interiors.com (I'm pretty sure there's only one supplier and the 2 or 3 companies selling it all use the same supplier).  The fit is terrible  The footwells are vaguely formed, the trans hump is too high in places and too low in others making it impossible to push into place without severe wrinkling, the edges were folded over when the carpet was still hot making an impossible to remove crease and the mass backing I got is missing in spots of the carpet leaving just the weave of the carpet to hold it together.  I'm now considering going back to the wagon carpet I originally bought for my SX/4 with the cut in the middle to make it fit better.  The fit on the wagon carpet was actually near perfect in the front and pretty good in the rear.  The question now is do I want better fitting carpet with a cut in the middle or one -piece carpet that's badly wrinkled and ill fitting.

The strange thing is that the carpet piece for the hatch area fit pretty well - go figure.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:15:29 PM by priya »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk