News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 20, 2024, 02:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The SILVER BULET  (Read 31329 times)

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
Re: The SILVER BULET
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 10:29:07 AM »

HI    T.R Bill sounds like you have a good thing going there . unless the wagon gets in a fit and wont
            run then you will have to drive one of the outhers ..I to want one of each still and I am on my way with
            silver. silver is very nice just turned 1,00,000.00 so she has allot of miles left...later...BILL................Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 11:10:27 AM »

HI  Shane thank you for the kind words ...Yes rust free up here is like hens teeth..as for the under coating
          silver was Zbarted win new ...and valve cover leak took care of the rest IL bill started telling me all that he
          had dun to silver ...all the brakes and shocks and tune up and tires ..Bill sad if any one game to look at
          her they would take her home ...I looked under the seat covers and found clean no tires cloth seats....

ALL I have to do is replace some wires , v hose and carb and drive for now   AND....

ALL WHO DRIVE EAGLES ARE GOOD PEOPLE  ...........Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 12:06:55 PM »
IT's true....Iv never met a bad person in an Eagel.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline LaGuardia

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 26
  • Now, that's what I call a ride !
    • Armati e Responsabili (sorry, only Italian)
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »
A bit off-topic, maybe, but I was just wondering...

Is there any other car or vehicle spelling out loud "America" like an Eagle ?

I mean, the brand is "AMERICAN Motors Corporation" and the model is named after one of the best known American emblems, the Eagle... also in commercials it was named "American Eagle".

I keep thinking about it but I can't recall a car more "American" than that...
"Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear".
Oh, really ? I guess that's why I need BOTH rear bumper corner caps now. Doh !

1981 4.2 Eagle Wagon LTD (Daily Driver)
2003 Toyota RAV4 (Wife's Car)
1985 Plymouth Gran Fury (Endless Project Car)
1997 Alfa Romeo GTV V6 TB (Not Running Now)
1994 Honda Helix CN250 (My Beloved Scooter)
1975 Honda 500 FourK (Can't Remember Where I Left It)
1985 Moto Guzzi California II 1.000 (New Entry)

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 12:29:10 PM »
I dont think there was a more all American car than the Eagle....Everything about it says America.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 01:50:54 PM »

HI      Good to hear from you LaGuardia .your both right  but A.M.C. AMERICAN IS the only outher one
              and there both A.M.C.

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 10:57:20 PM »
Hey Don!! Just confirming what we were talking about...Eagle owners being the nicest people....I was parctically given a  1986 wagon today by that guy that comes into the store all the time!! It runs, has new tires, rust free, and has a strait body!! He told me hes getting up there in years and really has no need for two of these cars (he has an 80 sedan too) and told me he knows how much I love these cars and let me have it for 100.00...he just wants to keep the tail lights!!..The crusher offered him 350.00!! what an amazing guy!!

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 11:33:34 PM »

HI      Shane did you park it at your house .If some one offers me one for 100.00 I would have it at
                          at home working on it .You need one to drive while your working on Ginger....when you get finshed with ginger you can drive ginger and work on that one tell me your getting that car ...Don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »
Oh yeah!!!!...I got it..for 97.00 to be exact!! I was a few bucks shy but he said dont sweat it!...What an amazing fellow!!  ;D...I do plan on using it as a daily driver....plus its a great reference for me when I start putting ginger back together.....Plus i got alot of parts left over from ginger ...heads, carb, intake and exhaust manifolds, as well as a few other odds and ends I can use on this one if needed...once Gingers done Im going to restore this one...I could not be happier right now!!

Shane

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 12:07:57 AM »

HI      I know what you mean ...I am happy for you ,....I was trying to say how it feels but I cant there aren't
                   words to say how it feels ..Don

Offline Steve F

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 02:23:03 PM »
Shanebo you said  "Do you have any plans on rust proofing the underside...I'm kinda looking for ideas myself on rust proofing..mine too is fairly rust free and Id love to keep it that way."

If you could get your car to Rhode Island you can get a great undercoating job done at Rust Tech. The company that has made AMC Rocker Panel Replacement kits. I've heard POR 15 is good and so is a product called Rust Bullet. Has anyone ever used any of those products?

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 01:03:30 AM »
I gotta do somthing or Ill live in constant paranoia of rust...Im already catching myself crawling around on all fours looking for the tinyest spot of rust....I had several eagles in the past that rusted out kinda bad...Its so hard to fix it once it starts!! I noticed the zbart stuff is drying up and cracking in spots...a perfect little home for moisture to fester.

Ill have to do some research too Don....I hate to be one of those guys that only drive their Eagle on dry sunny days...But I am so worried about rust on this one...Its the cleanest Eagle I ve ever owned and would love to keep it that way :)

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 12:04:33 AM »

HI    Shane when I get Silver home I am going to check it over from bumper to bumper and top to botten
               so if there is any thing wrong I will find it at that time and deal with it ....Don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 12:39:02 AM »
There are so many little nooks and cranny's rust can call home on these cars. Im gonna have to go over the 86 good to when I get it. After I clean off the 3 inches of dried mud on the undercarriage that is ;D

I hope Silver gets a clean bill of heath when you get it home ;D

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2011, 01:51:26 PM »
DANG!!!! a guy cant beat that. that's an awesome guy to take a bigger hit on the money to "give" it to someone who understands the car, and will appreciate it. congrats!!!
[/quote]
              HI    no you cant beat that .....That was nice for some one to tell me you can have my Eagle for $100.00
                     That would make my day ..later .......Don
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 12:29:54 PM by teneagle »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk