News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 09:38:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1981 Mountain Eaglet  (Read 3464 times)

Offline Idaho eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
1981 Mountain Eaglet
« on: January 31, 2018, 12:28:41 AM »
Hi everyone.  My car says Mountain Eaglet on the side just under the rear side window(s).  Does anyone else have the same markings?  The car is a 1981 Eagle, 2 door, hatch back, with the 2.5L engine and manual transmission.
There are not any SX/4 markings anywhere even though it is the same body style.

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: 1981 Mountain Eaglet
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 11:30:44 AM »
It was a regional thing done by dealers. They just stuck some decals on it. I've seen a pic of one in the past.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Idaho eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 06:41:10 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Another question:. What is the bracket on the intake manifold, next to the heater hoses nipple and above the distributor, for?

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 07:39:05 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Another question:. What is the bracket on the intake manifold, next to the heater hoses nipple and above the distributor, for?
Probably best to ask this in the appropriate section to get an answer. I assume it's a 4 cylinder since the 6 has the distributor on the opposite side of the intake.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Idaho eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 06:39:18 PM »
I believe that this is the right place to be asking my questions.  This is the four cylinder club and my Mountain Eaglet is a four cylinder, the 2.5 L gm (iron Duke) engine.

I do appreciate your reply that Mountain Eaglet was from dealers and not from the factory.

This eagle is 1981, two door hatch back, with the four cylinder engine. About four years ago it had a 🔥 and I purchased it to save it from being crushed.  It is about time for me to get it running/flying again.

I do understand that questions not about the engine go elsewhere in this forum.

There is a bracket on the intake manifold too the left of the carb, next to and above the ninety degree nipple for the heater hoses. This is also above the the distributor.  I am wondering if springs for throttle linkage go here or if  some kind of clamp to hold back hose or something.  I have checked the eaglepedia and cannot find this bracket.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk