News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:36:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rust Troubles, looking for insight/ advice  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Benheidi55

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Rust Troubles, looking for insight/ advice
« on: March 19, 2019, 12:44:18 AM »
I began to cut out the rusted portions of my floor pan and rockers and unfortunately its spread all over the place. Just looking for a bit of advice, I really want to save this car one way or another as it was my first car I ever owned. I have included a picture of some of the damage that is present. From the picture, the floor pan is separated from the inside of the wheel well all the way back to the taillights. Is this damage that can be fixed or am I better off finding a donor 1980 to commandeer the Fram and body from? Any advice insight would be appreciated.
80' Eagle Wagon Maggie

Offline TheBirdman

• huffs gear oil
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • that noise? that ll go away.
Re: Rust Troubles, looking for insight/ advice
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 02:39:13 PM »
Hoo boy

When I was fixing mine up last year, it was rusted out in that area too, just not as bad. Mine was limited to the area around the spring perch. Its definately fixable, the better question is, how good with a welder are you? If youre noot going for show car quality, its pretty easy to fix that, just time consuming. I cut out a plate of 3/8 thick steel to place over the spring perch, then plug welded it to everything that was left under it, its pretty beefy now.
83 eagle wagon 4.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk