News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:40:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My 81 SX/4 Project  (Read 9685 times)

Offline BlackIce05

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: My 81 SX/4 Project
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 07:13:58 AM »
Yes I live in MO, down by Rolla and Fort Leonardwood

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 11:54:17 PM »
I hate to say it but that paint is too far gone. Waxing it would only remove the little that is left :( In my personal opinion, and this could be considered heresy by some, but unless the car is all black, trim should be chrome. It is after all, an 80's 'merikan car ;)
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline BlackIce05

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 12:31:52 AM »
Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking with the paint, I was just confused because it looks like clear coat peeling in places but I didn't think they used clear coat in 81. Not real sure why I think that just seems like I've read it somewhere. Also thinking along the same lines as you with the chrome. On one hand I like the chrome on the other it just seems like I should put it back to stock. Don't know.

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 04:04:59 AM »
well i can say for sure they did in 80 as eagle eyes's clear coat is peeling like crazy.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Prafeston

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 02:28:03 PM »
Hey man, I too live in Rolla. I'm a fan of the Eagle. Have never even driven one, but have been curious about buying one sometime and found this forum a couple months ago. Good luck with the rest of your project!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk