News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 28, 2024, 05:39:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle Sundancers?  (Read 2491 times)

81 Sundancer

Eagle Sundancers?
« on: May 22, 2013, 05:27:37 PM »
Hello, I'm a newby on this forum and just picked up my first two Eagles. one is an 81 Sundancer, shows 42k miles and I wouldn't be surprised if it's original..and the other is an 85 sedan in decent shape with a rebuilt engine. how many of these Sundancers are still around? I'd never even heard of them until I came across this one. located in Virginia.
I'll probably keep one and sell the other, haven't decided which way to go with that.
Thanks

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: Eagle Sundancers?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 07:02:43 PM »
That is a very rare car indeed. The Sundancer was available on both the Eagle and the Concord for 81' and 82'. They started their life as a "Limited" trim package, 2 door coupe and were sent off to the Griffith Company, in Ft Lauderdale FL, to be be converted. This was a spendy option, adding additional $3750 to the sticker price...Putting the total cost of the car into luxury car price range, and with a sticker price like that it found few takers. There are no official numbers as to exactly how many sold...but we do know it was very few, the general concensus being around 200 give or take...It is unlikely that even half of those have survived...So that car you got, I can confidently say is extremely rare! .Congratulations on an amazing find...and welcome!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:39:37 PM by shanebo »
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 07:12:44 PM »
welcome to the nest! the people are friendly here, and helpful.
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:35:55 PM »
I have been in this hobby and going to AMC car shows for 20 years and have only seen one in person, I know there is one at the Rambler ranch too

Very rare indeed, if it were me I wold hang on to that one, if I could only keep one!!!

Or, you could let me keep it for you!!

Welcome to the nest!

Can you post a pic if the Sundancer please please!!!
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 09:31:37 PM »
If you have a eagle sundancer consider your self very lucky.Those my friend are few and far between.I have been in the car hobby for many a year mostly AMC and have seen two in person. Would love to see pictures of it when you get a chance. I would take one of those don't care what color it is. One great find and good for you!
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 11:04:03 PM »
Here along the Front Range of Colorado Eagles were at one time very popular. On weekends the ski area parking lots were full of them. Yet I did not actually see a Sundancer until I had the privilege of touring the Rambler Ranch for the first time in 2007.

It is an exceedingly rare car, and I congratulate you on acquiring it. If I had a vote it would be in favor of the Sundancer.

Welcome to the Eagle Nest. :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 11:50:54 PM »
welcome to the nest and i too would keep the sundancer.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

81 Sundancer

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 10:55:20 PM »
not very computer literate here, will see if I can figure out how to attach a pic. not much rust on it....found an "add image" icon but didn't seem to do anything... put some pix up, mostly the same one it seems, at www.craigscarpix.shutterfly.com  a few Datsun pix already there

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
Very cool, thanks for sharing

There is plenty of help on this forum to help you get that bird back up and flying

Nice datsun too btw
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 12:18:50 AM »
Very cool car indeed. How is the under side of it? do you see any rust?
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk