News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:43:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TN to NV and Back  (Read 5092 times)

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
TN to NV and Back
« on: November 01, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
On the afternoon of Wednesday October 10th, I got an email from my boss that I was needed in Elko, Nevada on Monday October 15th. I spent some time trying to find a flight for Saturday or Sunday with no luck. I thought about flying in to a different airport and getting a one way rental, when a light bulb went off. I could drive there and stop in Colorado on the way and make the Eagle Motel meet. I decided to trailer my dirtbike out there also since I have a buddy in Colorado that rides and a coworker in Nevada that rides also. I needed to order some carburetor jets because of the elevation change and a spark arrestor (riding in a state forest) for my bike. I ordered those Wednesday and had them shipped next day to my buddy's house in CO. I left early Thursday morning and drove the 1300 miles to the Rambler Ranch. I slept a little in a couple rest stops and got there Friday morning and met up with a few Eagle Nest members. Sorry I don't have a pic with all the members that were there.

I rode Saturday morning and afternoon with a buddy out at Rampart Range near Sedalia, CO. We rode over 60 miles and unfortunately didn't take many pics.

This is my buddy Craig. I've known him since 1982.

I had to change jets about 3 times until I got it close. Luckily it takes about 10 minutes on my bike.

I was absolutely worn out after riding, but needed to get cleaned up and drive down to Manitou Springs, CO to meet up with the folks at the Eagle Motel and then head to the German restaurant.

I left Sunday morning for Nevada and made the 700ish mikes without a problem. A couple days later I was able to do a little off roading with a coworker and then a couple days later with another coworker.

We got a day off and were able to take the bikes out.

I pulled over some where in Utah on my way home to take this pic.

The Eagle performed flawlessly, but the MPG's weren't as I expected. I replaced the plugs when I got home and did a much needed oil change. Hopefully the MPG's will improve.

1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: TN to NV and Back
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 10:55:10 PM »
Great pictures!  And I think you must win the award for most miles put on your Eagles in the last year!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 11:34:45 AM »
Very Cool, I thought you sold the Big One though? Er, am I thinking upside down again, lol.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 12:21:50 PM »
Great pictures!  And I think you must win the award for most miles put on your Eagles in the last year!
I've put some miles on both of them, but they sit a bit because my Festiva is my daily driver.

Very Cool, I thought you sold the Big One though? Er, am I thinking upside down again, lol.
It's for sale, but no bites.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 08:30:53 PM »
Great trip report!  Love the Husky.
ALMOST A Jeep THING...EVEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk