News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:23:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle SX/4 $.2 Liter Exhaust System Pictures  (Read 3122 times)

Offline kevindpm61

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
Eagle SX/4 $.2 Liter Exhaust System Pictures
« on: October 17, 2015, 08:25:37 PM »
Hi everyone. I've seen diagrams of the various exhaust components on the SX/4 but I was wondering if anybody has actual picture of the factory exhaust system routing? I've purchased components from the cat back and loosely assembled them on the car. I need to use a reducer with my catalytic converter to mate with the crossover pipe.  I will be using a Thrush turbo muffler. The crossover appears very close to the rear drive shaft. I'm sure that I will need to trim some pipes for final fit but i was hoping that somebody had photos of a fairly stock system just to review.
Follow my son's 1983 AMC SX/4 project

http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45519.0

Offline kevindpm61

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
Re: Eagle SX/4 $.2 Liter Exhaust System Pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 08:02:34 PM »
No need for exhaust system pictures. My son and I were able to get the system buttoned up today. As someone had posted previously, I worked from the back to the front. I had to trim some pipe off the end of the catalytic converter to fine tune fit. Had an opportunity to use my new Millermatic 211 to put a couple welds on to finish things up.
Follow my son's 1983 AMC SX/4 project

http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45519.0

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Eagle SX/4 $.2 Liter Exhaust System Pictures
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 12:58:59 PM »
Nice! I have a Grand Cherokee front pipe to put on mine!
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk