News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:37:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What are these relays and connections?  (Read 3019 times)

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
What are these relays and connections?
« on: May 17, 2016, 03:00:11 PM »
Sorry if this is redundant. Saw a similar thread but didn't fully explain.
Have the 85 Sedan project going on and getting ready to fire up the new motor for the first time. In the mean time I am cleaning and simplifying everything I can under the hood.
There is no more computer in the car.
Stand alone carb set up, manual choke, no ERG set up, HEI ignition.
Need help Identifying some of these so I can pull or leave.

I know this is the oil pressure sending switch and I have a oil pressure gauge set Up. 
I plan to get a starter solenoid for a manual so I can eliminate that Neutral Safety switch and get better grounding through the body. (got reasons for that)
I also plan to get rid of that oil pressure sending switch on the block if I can. I know its connected to the NSS but that will be gone and Im sure the oil preasure warning light is non functional. I plan to just keep a close watch on the gauges as I usually do.

Untitled by T A, on Flickr

I also have these relays on the pass side fender wall. With no computers, a manifold heater on its own switch, no NSS, and the rest mentioned above can I also remove these and the wires all the way back?

Some wires to it were already cut and looks to have been spliced.

they lead to this connector. Once gone can I remove this connector and the wires all the way back?

Last one, What is this? looks like a circuit or a fuse box thing?? What is it and can it come out?

The car had AC and Cruise Control. Both long gone if that help identify anything.
Has rear defrost and no Fog lights. At least not when I got it.

Thanks!

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: What are these relays and connections?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 11:40:04 PM »
hi, the oil pressure switch controlled the bbd choke, if you mc2150 has an electric choke you may want to leave it. NOT the neutral saf sw. The two relays , I think, one was emission control, other was either fast idle (bbd) or manifold heater. I used to know that other, but forget now, sorry! good luck, gz

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
Re: What are these relays and connections?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:25:06 PM »
Sounds good. I have a manual choke so Ill probably just end up getting rid of it. Ill start with unplugging the relays after shes running and see if it effects anything. Then they are gone.
Ill have to look into that little fuse box though.
Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk