News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:29:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1986 eagle wagon in Little River, SC..near Myrtle Beach  (Read 4887 times)

beacheagle

1986 eagle wagon in Little River, SC..near Myrtle Beach
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:44:29 AM »
I have decided to swap my "car hobby" for a "motorcycle hobby". they take up less room.

I have a 1986 eagle wagon with towing package for sale. 258 six, auto, with select drive switch.

128,660 miles. I am the second owner as my dad purchased it new in 1986.
this car has original paint in decent condition...light surface rust on bottom of rear tailgate. 3" gouge in pass side rear
plastic fender extension. has all bumper end caps, stainless roof rack. blue on top/dark blue on bottom
white wall tires at 60%.
complete factory garage service manual purchased when car was new. extra alternator core

recent maintenance & fixes

New headliner installed by custom care, myrtle beach

Cat back one piece exhaust installed by local custom pipe shop

master cylinder

Blue cast aluminum valve cover

new heater valves
AC has been converted to R134 and works

The negatives: the brake line at the rear passenger side, where it connects to the rear axle hose has developed a leak due to corrosion. I may or may not feel froggy enough to fix it. the headlight buckets are getting difficult to adjust. the 3 inch gouge in the plastic pass side rear fender extension.
driver side vinyl seat back has seperated at the seam about 8 inches long where you brush against it to get in the door.cable "remote control" mirrors have been removed.

Price: I have seen what I think are crazy prices on the NADA site. I am looking to sell this car to another "Eagle buff"
that will treat it well, and keep it for years to come. I am open to what a fair offer would be for the buyer and seller.
not even thinking of getting even my labor back...ha ha.......

So: if you have "eagleitis" shoot me a price you think is fair. this is a great car for an original eagle. If you like to restore...this is a fine example...not a "parts car".
I'm not looking to donate it , but also, I'm not looking to make it unafforable.

email:  [email protected]

beacheagle

Re: 1986 eagle wagon in Little River, SC..near Myrtle Beach
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 07:38:38 PM »
PS: Even if you have enough eagles of your own...give me some input on what you might think a fair value would be to both buyer and seller. Opinions are always good to have

Thanks folks

Offline EagleJoe93

• "You'll know it's me when I roll through your town. I'm gonna ride around in style. I'm gonna drive everybody wild, cause I'll have the only one there is around."
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:15:16 PM »
Perhaps posting some pictures would help it sell.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited. Work in progress. Most likely have the only one in town. :)

beacheagle

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 08:31:12 AM »
Good idea eaglejoe: That is one of it in my driveway from the front....I'll take some more and figure out how to make a link...I'll do under the hood, interior,show the gouge in the rear plastic fender extension, and under the chassis

Thanks for the input

Offline EagleJoe93

• "You'll know it's me when I roll through your town. I'm gonna ride around in style. I'm gonna drive everybody wild, cause I'll have the only one there is around."
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 12:27:15 PM »
No problem. Always want to see an eagle go to a new home. A lot of us use photobucket on here. Just upload the pictures and you can get a variety of links to use.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited. Work in progress. Most likely have the only one in town. :)

Offline rlinscott

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 09:09:05 PM »
Is your eagle still for sale and if it is could you send pics?

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 05:25:28 PM »
Is your eagle still for sale and if it is could you send pics?

The seller hasn't been on this site for a couple years.  You may want to try to contact him via the email address in his profile.  Good luck!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk