News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 16, 2024, 06:03:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rear leaf springd  (Read 2324 times)

Offline luvmyeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Rear leaf springd
« on: September 15, 2017, 04:05:46 AM »
I need a couple of rear leaf springs for my 85 Eagle wagon, both have broken leafs. Was wondering what kind i need since you have two different ones listed. I also need the bushings and probably the u-bolts also to save me headaches. Any info on what type of spring and who could hook me up with the springs would be appreciated...thanks in advance for your help

Offline DAVE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
Re: Rear leaf springd
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 09:15:56 AM »
you can get new springs from generalspringskc, or springs&things/espo have not had any experience with either for leaf springs but will in the future

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 12:36:27 PM »
I just ordered a pair of leaf springs for my Gremlin from The Suspension King.  They have springs for Eagles listed on their website.  I will let you know how this pair for my Gremlin turn out.  Good luck!!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 06:07:30 PM »
I got my springs from Stengel Brothers, no complaints.  Google for their website.  They have a couple versions, I went with the stock replacements and then added a leaf from a Cherokee for a lift.  I already had the extra leaf, otherwise I would have tried a heavy duty version from them.

They came with front bushings installed, that was nice.  Rear bushings are easily available, as they are shared with Jeeps.  Be careful unbolting your rear shackle bolts, mine snapped and these are NOT available.

I got my Ubolts from a Jeep place again, they are same as a Cherokee I think.
Wanted:  More time to work on my Eagle!

1988 Eagle Wagon - Overlander Build
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45852.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk