News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 11:24:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aftermarket slave master hydraulic clutch  (Read 2818 times)

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
  • Ohh look, its an angry Eagle.
    • old betsy
Aftermarket slave master hydraulic clutch
« on: November 25, 2016, 09:49:51 AM »
Ok so I'm having an issue with my brand new clutch master I bought recently it seems the seals are blown and I'm sucking are in. Very strange because I'm not leaking fluid anywhere but non the less I'm thinking of using an aftermarket part from wilwood. Here's the part I have in mind.
http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/MasterCylinderProd.aspx?itemno=260-6088

Has anyone tried this or have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
Re: Aftermarket slave master hydraulic clutch
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 03:35:46 AM »
Bump
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 04:55:12 PM »
I've never had a manual-trans Eagle -- don't know why tho.   I did lash up a Wilwood slave on a neighbor's Mercedes Gullwing kit car a while back.   You can make anything work with a good welder!!

Only advice I could add is to get a slave with the same diameter bore as the AMC original (I don't know what that diameter is), so the pedal travel will be the same as you're used to.

Good luck with it.
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:28:52 AM »
Hey Houston thanks for the reply, I know the bore is the same but I'm not sure of the throw/stroke.

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 02:25:47 PM »
I wouldn't worry much about the stroke if the new one is the same or longer than the original.   You should be able to fine-tune/tweak that with the linkage adjustment at the pedal rod, so the pedal hits the floor before you bottom out the clutch and/or slave cylinders.   Or if you don't want the pedal to go that low, add a stop to the pedal arm that'll hit the floor before any damage can be done.

If its shorter, of course may run out of travel before the clutch cylinder releases the clutch.

May take some fiddling, but I bet it can be done!     Easy to say when its someone else's car!!

Good luck; and be sure to let us know how much of a pain it was.
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7