News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:40:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thank You AmcEagleNest and ALL THE MEMBERS!!!!  (Read 3881 times)

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Never thought i'd have one but know i always will!
Thank You AmcEagleNest and ALL THE MEMBERS!!!!
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:06:47 PM »
I decided that I was going to be an eagle owner. I had no clue what i was getting myself into! If the Nest and all of the GREAT members were not here I just would have lit a rag in the gas tank and walked away! With all the info that was available on here, today she ran!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Your obedient humble peasant,
and now prowed eagle owner
Phillip Guaraldi

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
Re: Thank You AmcEagleNest and ALL THE MEMBERS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »
I suppose now you can be referred to as "Dr. (Eagle) Phil". :rotfl:

Now that my warped sense of humor is on display for everyone to see, may I say I've learned a thing or two on this forum as well...and I'm a mechanic by trade and a 25+ year Eagle owner. Welcome aboard. :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Prafeston

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 06:12:08 PM »
I've learned a lot from this site as well. It's a great resource and there are good people on here!

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 07:01:29 PM »
That is what this place is all about.  Keeping these old workhorses on the road for all to see and admire and to be in awe.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 11:44:02 AM »
i cant even begin to put a value on the info and help i have gotten on here! when the bank account bounces back from all the parts im going to donate! you guys saved me a ton of money. you guys are great and this site is great!! one more credit to the nest and members, i have done a ton of work to the old girl so far and i never had to ask a single question it was all on here!! you guys should be proud!!!

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 10:55:16 PM »
Hi. i didn't remove it i just bypassed it to a 3ohm coil. i wasn't sure if the solenoid needed it hooked up? i have been finishing my timing and putting the dash back together so i haven't tried removing it yet to see if it will work. i cant see why it wont. i kinda went nuts and removed all the ac, vac, computer, and wires that went with said stuff. any chance you know this one?

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 12:46:29 AM »
Ive been an Eagle fan for alot of years, but I gotta tell ya the Nest makes it alot less like work and alot more like fun. This hobby is much more enjoyable when you have a bunch of people to enjoy it with. Theres not many places where you can talk about AMC Eagles and get a positive response.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 10:13:36 AM »
Shanebo,
Its funny you say positive response i find people love them or say why would you own that? like i have a pet rat with the plague or something. but hey when they are stuck in a ditch in a foot of snow, asking me to pull them out we will see what they have to say about my rabid old bird!
PeterM,
Aw yes. sorry i forgot that was you. Thank You! I've had that in the back of my head i just haven't tried it yet. tomarrow's plan is to finish putting the dash back together and unhook the resistor wire and see if everything still works. witch ignition setup do you run?

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 11:59:45 AM »
I will try it tomarrow and post the results. i have studied how the solenoid works in diagrams and in my engine bay. as far as i can tell it is only there to jump 12volts to the coil for start up. and the resistor wire is factory spliced from the same wire we jump our coil. one thing i did find out from this whole deal is if anyone is having wiring issues expose ALL the wiring and soldier EVERY factory splice! there are lots of them, both + and - wires. i was shocked they were factory and soldering them fixed almost all my electrical issues. now that i think about it more even if you are not having problems i would still do it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk