News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:21:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMCs in the media  (Read 292239 times)

Offline Newgenerationamcer

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • AMC till the day I die
Re: AMCs in the media
« Reply #540 on: May 04, 2015, 09:35:15 PM »
In the movie Super 8 some guy rear ends and destroys what looks to be a pacer

Offline twoslowinwyo

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #541 on: May 06, 2015, 03:44:43 PM »
every week we have "movie night" in our house, last night we watched edward scissorhands and i was suprised by not one, not two, but THREE AMC's in the movie. a pacer, a gremlin and a kamback. i guess tim burton must be a fan of AMC's  ;D
LAZ
1984 wagon
1984 wagon-daughters car
1985 wagon- parts car
1984 wagon-working on
1983 SX/4- working on
1974 matador- future vintage racer

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #542 on: June 12, 2015, 10:14:41 PM »
Just seen an '80 Eagle wagon (maroon & looks like it has a lift) on tonight's episode of Defiance on SyFy (episode: "Slouching towards Bethlehem)". Kenya & her kidnapper have a fight scene on and near the Eagle.

Also there's a Pacer wagon a little later behind Nolan. And a little later Amanda drives up in the Pacer to the kidnapper in the Eagle wagon where he has Kenya in the rear.

Must be AMC day on Defiance tonight.

This season of Defiance (currently playing) I have been seeing what looks to be the same Eagle wagon in the previews. So looks like it'll show up again in an up-coming episode.
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #543 on: June 14, 2015, 11:24:10 PM »
In the June 2015 issue of Hemmings Classic Cars, there is an article about a gentleman that owns a 1973 Gremlin.  He bought one new in 1973, which was totaled less than two years after he bought in, then he bought another one in 2004.  Very complimentary of the Gremlin.  If anyone wants a copy of the article let me know and I will scan it and send it via email.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline johnbendik

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #544 on: June 19, 2015, 08:20:05 PM »
Just spotted an Eagle wagon in the episode of 'Defiance' showing now (7:00 CST, episode 32) on the SyFy channel.  The episode opens with the lord of the creepy white-haired alien race and his wife making a mad rush into town in a Eagle, bearing the allegedly injured lord for medical care.

'Defiance' is a wierd sort of gritty science-fiction/Western hybrid series.  I don't follow it, but watch an occasional episode.  I just happened to tune in as the two-toned Eagle wagon was hauling *ss through the snow.

JB
1984 Eagle Sportwagon
258 - 6 cyl
5-speed !

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #545 on: June 24, 2015, 10:50:54 AM »
Defiance is the grounded version of Firefly. Only with remnants of alien forces instead of Asians interbreeding and living with humans after a colossal war.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #546 on: June 24, 2015, 04:38:19 PM »
Just seen an '80 Eagle wagon (maroon & looks like it has a lift) on tonight's episode of Defiance on SyFy (episode: "Slouching towards Bethlehem)". Kenya & her kidnapper have a fight scene on and near the Eagle.

Also there's a Pacer wagon a little later behind Nolan. And a little later Amanda drives up in the Pacer to the kidnapper in the Eagle wagon where he has Kenya in the rear.

Must be AMC day on Defiance tonight.

This season of Defiance (currently playing) I have been seeing what looks to be the same Eagle wagon in the previews. So looks like it'll show up again in an up-coming episode.

The Eagle in this season is different than last season's. Last seasons Eagle was maroon with a lift, this season's is a lightish blue woodgrain & looks to have had a lift as well.
The name of the episode(s) so far with this seasons Eagle in it is called: "Broken Bough"
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Newgenerationamcer

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • AMC till the day I die
« Reply #547 on: June 25, 2015, 11:55:10 PM »
Defiance is the grounded version of Firefly. Only with remnants of alien forces instead of Asians interbreeding and living with humans after a colossal war.
I think you ment aliens.... ;D

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #548 on: June 27, 2015, 01:51:57 PM »
On Firefly, China took over the world and the languages became mixed with English.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #549 on: August 20, 2015, 07:38:32 PM »
On the Hagerty Insurance website, they have pictures from last week's Dream Cruise in Detroit.  Included was this picture of an SX/4

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:46:39 PM by Prafeston »
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #550 on: September 29, 2015, 10:26:38 AM »
Last week I had the opportunity to bring my SX/4 onto the MotorWeek 35th anniversary special.  If you tune in you can see it in the studio shots.  Episode 3505, debuts 10/09/15.  Not sure when it airs exactly.  Velocity plays the show as do most PBS stations.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:32:33 AM by macdude443 »
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline johnbendik

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #551 on: September 30, 2015, 05:39:08 PM »
Tonight on 'Wheeler Dealers', the boys are tackling an AMC Pacer.  VLCTY channel at 8:00 PM in my time zone (Central).

Being British, we can expect these guys to be a lot more respectful of the brand than some of the recent American shows (I'm looking at you, 'Lost in Transmission'). Also, Wheeler Dealers tends to have more useful 'hands-on' content than most car shows, some of which are nothing but continuous 'product placement' for their advertisers.

JB
1984 Eagle Sportwagon
258 - 6 cyl
5-speed !

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #552 on: October 04, 2015, 01:58:17 AM »
If my so-called "friend" hadn't turned into a douchebag, he would probably be driving an SX4 with functioning Mustang 5.0L with World Class T-5.

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #553 on: October 04, 2015, 11:20:47 AM »
On American Pickers, they visited an old AMC dealership in North Carolina.  The owner had 4 Nash Healey's that was the main focus of their visit, I believe they ended up buying one.  The episode is called A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall and is available at the History Channel website.  I believe it is Episode 2 from the 2015 season. 

Terry has a pristine Nash Healey at the Rambler Ranch.
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #554 on: June 27, 2016, 05:04:39 PM »
Article about 268 Nash automobiles (1929 and 1930) that are at the bottom of Lake Michigan.  The cargo ship carrying them sank  :(

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/05/senator_shipwreck_nash_motors.html
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk