Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Project Cars / Re: 1985 Eagle Sedan Fleet model project
« Last post by TEagle85 on Today at 07:04:05 PM »
Thanks a ton!
Member Products / Re: New side window louvers.. spirit sx/4
« Last post by AMC1 on Today at 06:42:51 PM »
Ron e-mailed me that he is getting ready to make another run. He has 2-3 of us but needs a few more to make an economical run. I'll take two sets. If there are those considering this now would be a good time to contact him.
« Last post by eaglefreek on Today at 05:45:54 PM »
You need a Dana 30 low and long pinion gears set. They were found in Jeep CJ's also.
https://www.justdifferentials.com/Dana-30-Nitro-Ring-Pinion-3-08-Ratio-p/d30-308-ng.htm
Four Cylinder Club / Re: Improving General Performance
« Last post by vangremlin on Today at 12:04:51 PM »
I did a quick search online and found someone that did the upgrade in their jeep.  Kind of an older thread but you may be able to get some info from it. Good luck!!

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/index.php?threads/pontiac-iron-duke-151cid-2-5l-4-cyl-fuel-injection.48817/
Four Cylinder Club / Improving General Performance
« Last post by schimke12 on Today at 11:51:21 AM »
I have an 1981 SX4 with the 151 iron duke and I'm wondering if there are a few things I can do to improve it's general performance. The engine and the carb were completely rebuilt, but I still feel like it's too sluggish and isn't reaching it's full potential (especially on acceleration). It just seems like it's working harder than it needs to be while under normal driving conditions. I swore I saw something about converting the carb to direct injection years ago on this forum, but I haven't been able to find it since. Is that a common or even possible swap? If not, do you have any other ideas on how to improve it's performance?

Thanks in advance!
« Last post by TEagle85 on Today at 10:45:12 AM »
Finally getting around to the differential rebuilds. I dropped the front Dana 30 off at the shop to rebuild from the 3.31 to a 3.08.  The guy is having a hard time finding a ring and pinion for it and I thinks its only because of the AMC Eagle confusion. I mentioned Ive seen a ton on eBay and to check it out. Am I wrong?  Can I put a 3.08 in the front? A 3.08 is going on the rear Ford 8.8.

Also if I were to order the ring and pinion myself from summit or eBay anything I should take notice of? I saw options for short or long shaft, high and low pinion.   I have a feeling this thing will somehow end up in the shop for months lol,   Luckily I can still drive the eagle with the current differentials.

Project Cars / Re: 84 sedan project (beginners luck)
« Last post by TEagle85 on Yesterday at 09:48:56 PM »
Another sedan saved, looks solid.
« Last post by Murdoc1905 on Yesterday at 06:08:10 PM »
Aahhhh, I was thinking those were adjustment screws. How do I identify the high and low pressure sides?
« Last post by mo.eagles on Yesterday at 05:44:20 PM »
The cap on your compressor is needed to keep out the dirt. Those valves don't have the Schrader valve in them . If you pull off the other cap on that valve there is a stem ( with a square end ) to open and close that port.
The Engine / Re: Just rebuilt 258 now it's tapping help!
« Last post by djdelee421 on Yesterday at 11:02:13 AM »
I'll check the preload. I'm curious if it's my oil pump making the tap but when I turned it with the drill it sounded smooth I just think the tap sounded somewhere around the oil filter so I'm not sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.