News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 01:48:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New in the nest, going to be a while before able to fly. Much to learn.  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Country320

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
Where to start, first off just picked up my first Eagle, not sure what I’m getting in to, but nothing ventured nothing gained. Just got the car ( 1982 AMC Eagle SX4 - sport ) still working on decoding what I have. Hopefully being on this forum will help me and maybe help others out there. The eagle looks fairly solid other than the interior being torn apart by previous owner, everything is in there, just everywhere. Exterior looks good body wise, put it up on lift and inspected under side, a lot of good some areas need attention. All plastic effects good shape, everything looks original. Always liked the sx4, now I have one. Even came with real thick repair manual. Down side finding parts, for instance windshield ( has crack ) ain’t going to get one at local glass repair shop. So enough of my drama, hope to hear from you all.  Thanks..
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 08:13:50 PM by Country320 »

Online amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: New in the nest, going to be a while before able to fly. Much to learn.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 12:16:25 AM »
hi, and welcome to the den! I'm sure you will enjoy your SX4 when you get it together.
As for the windshield, don't despair, yes, you CAN get one from your local auto glass place. This windshield is the SAME from 1971 to 1988 on ALL AMC small cars, Gremlin, Hornet, Spirit, Eagle, Concord. Even if your shop doesn't have one in stock, they can order one and have it in a couple of days, they are still available, about $200.
good luck, gz

Offline IRON HORSE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 47
Re: New in the nest, going to be a while before able to fly. Much to learn.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 09:52:19 AM »
Hello and welcome to the Nest,

SX4 Sport ... NICE !!   There are alot right here on the Nest that will help you find parts, not to worry there. I've only seen 1 SX4 on the road in the last 10 years around here. You have a rare piece of history there .. hope you enjoy it.

Regards, Iron Horse  :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk